RW 6 PhotoAlbum and %resources%

(Mark Sealey) #1

Has anyone found a way to make RW 6’s built-in PhotoAlbum work with Resources, please?

(Brian LaPan) #2

There isn’t really a way to use Resources for the Photo Album. It’s basically drag and drop only.

(Mark Sealey) #3

Thanks.

I want to be able to update the site which uses PhotoAlbum from two different locations (on two different machines).

As things stand now, all the references/paths on the second machine are wrong and break because they were set up and are specific to the first.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #4

Do not think this is possible, as @themacguru stated, it is drag and drop only.

(Mark Sealey) #5

No. Thanks. I’m looking for alternatives, I suppose. Have been considering WeaverPix.

(Nik Fletcher) #6

As of RapidWeaver 6, the images for a Photo Album should be within your document, so the site should be fairly portable. Are you not seeing that?

—N

(Mark Sealey) #7

Nik,

For the first time (only finished conversion, 5 - 6) I’ve been able to look - and Yes, I don’t see empty images circles.

Does that mean that I can treat such pages as entirely portable between installations now, Nik?

Your help appreciated :slight_smile: .

(Nik Fletcher) #8

You can. And if things don’t work for you, that is something we’d want to look at & fix. We no longer link to iPhoto albums as of RW 6.x.

—N

(Mark Sealey) #9

Great! Thanks, Nik… this is great news - as it effectively removes the need for warehousing, doesn’t it :slight_smile: .

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #10

Hi @MarkSealey
This Stack allows you to use photos in the resources folder (or any other web/FTP folder) inside RW:
http://instacks.com/photostreamstack/
Cheers, Jannis

(Mark Sealey) #11

Thanks, Jannis!

It might be just what I want - but in the demo there appears to be only one layout.

Can it do multiple kinds of grids out of which the lightbox opens?

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #12

Thanks for the feedback.

Currently, there is only one grid / thumbnail layout available, from which you are able to start 7 different light boxes. In addition, there are 2 slideshows / sliders integrated.

I am currently investigating which grid / thumbnail layouts can be used in addition. I am planing to integrate them after Stacks 3 is released. So if you have a nice showcase of another grid you like, please let me know.

(Mark Sealey) #13

Thanks, Yes. I’m looking to reproduce the simplicity of what I have here.

Do we know how long before Stacks 3 is available?

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #14

That is also sort of possible: http://showroom.instacks.com/photostream_directory/

As you have full control over the thumbnails (you can use a separate folder for thumbnails), you can have square thumbs, and other dimension in the normal pictures.

(Mark Sealey) #15

Thanks, Yes - one more for the list. Appreciated!

(David Kohn) #16

then what is the purpose of that resources pane? I assume it isn’t there just for decoration :wink:

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #17

Resources can be used in many things, but just not what this question was about.