RW 7 stacks in wrong folder?

(Lisette Jespers) #1

Continuing the discussion from RW7 old themes and addons:

I have followed the manual transfer process and my themes and stacks show up in the Add-on manager. However, if I create a stack page, only the built-in stacks show up. If I a track down the stacks library (in RW7) it shows this filepath:
~/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/Data/Library/Application
Support/RapidWeaver/Stacks.rwplugin/Contents/Resources/RW6PluginUpgrade/Stacks

This folder is empty.

The stacks are in the folder ‘Rapidweaver’ as you suggested: ~Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/Data/Library/Application Support/RapidWeaver/Stacks.

I did a test with one of the stacks and copied it to the first folder that I mentioned and it appears in the library:

Is this the solution or is it better to wait for the fix?

Greetings, Lisette

(Peter Danckwerts) #2

Have you upgraded to RW 7.0.1? I had a few similar problems which were fixed by that.

(Lisette Jespers) #3

Hello Peter,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I’ve upgraded from RW 5.4.1 to RW 7.0.1. So what puzzles me is that the Stacks folder which is empty (first filepath I mentioned) refers to ‘RW6PluginUpgrade’. I do not have RW6. Is it therefore that the suggested workaround doesn’t do the trick for the stacks? The themes are imported correctly in RW 7 and usable.
Anyhow, what do you suggest? Should I copy all the stacks as I did with the testcase (adaptivegrid stack)? Or will I mess up things?

Greetings, Lisette

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #4

You might be in the wrong area. Try opening RapidWeaver 7, then hold down option-command and push 7, this opens the addons folder. Then you can drag and drop the stacks into the stacks folder.

(Lisette Jespers) #5

Thank you, Zeebee, for your input. However, the stacks are already in the folder which you suggest but not usable. That’s why I started the investigation. I checked where the ‘library’ button led me to (see picture) and when I reveal the ‘stacks library in finder’ this is the filepath:
~/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/Data/Library/ApplicationSupport/RapidWeaver/Stacks.rwplugin/Contents/Resources/RW6PluginUpgrade/Stacks.

This folder is empty (except for my trail to paste the adaptive grid in there). So apparently RW 7 made a folder in another location. Questione remains: can I copy the stacks into this folder without messing things up?

Greetings, Lisette