Upgrade issues RW 7

upgraded from rw5 to rw5.4 then to rw7…when I open my project is 7 it say theme unavailable?..if I hit continue …it says the stacks are unavailable?

RW7 uses a different location for add-ons and it sounds like they didn’t get moved over. You can manually drag and drop your add-ons from the old location to the new location here:

1 Like

You can also start RW holding the option key, one of the options is to re-copy the addons.

1 Like

I tried restarting with the option key…it did prompt me to recopy, but when I did, nothing happened…when opening the program still says the same

when you say drag and drop from the old location, I assume you mean the rapidweaver file to the rapidweaver 7 folder?

The default RW7 addons folder should be located here:

~/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/Data/Library/Application Support/RapidWeaver
I don’t have RW6 anymore so I don’t have a path for the old location. Perhaps someone else can help here.

I assume you followed the steps outlined here:
https://help.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver-7/upgrading-from-rapidweaver-5-or-6

• Make sure that any third-party plugins you use in RapidWeaver 5 are up to date
  • Open your older project files (either with a .rwsw or .rwp extension) with RapidWeaver 5.4.1
  • RapidWeaver 7 running from your Applications folder.

I think that in RW 6 the addon are here:
YOURUSER/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver6/Data/Library/Application Support/

Hi…found the libraries…do I just drag and drop to RW7 Folder?

Hi…found the libraries…do I just drag and drop to RW7 Folder?

Put them in the folder Doug showed above

1 Like

There is only one com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver file…under application support there is an empty rapidweaver file and a rapidweaver 7 file…no files for ripidweaver 5.4 or 6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.