RW Crashing on Catalina

Hi,

A file I’ve been working on for our new website, which was fine until yesterday is now crashing RW whenever I click Save. Running RW 8.7 (20860) on Catalina 10.15.7. This is a Stacks site using Foundry and all stacks are fully up to date. Opening and saving another file doesn’t crash, so it seems to be something to do with this file.

I have posted the crash log here but don’t have the knowledge to interpret it: https://antiquitysoftware.co.uk/_documents/RW_crash_log.rtf

Please can anyone advise the next steps to resolve the issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Chaim

Sounds like you might have a corrupted project file. I’d probably try and get a backup copy (TimeMachine or equivalent) from before the crashing started.

Are you saving the project file on your local HD?

Hi Doug,

Yes, I have recovered a working version from three days earlier from Time Machine. However we made so many changes over those three days, almost redesigning the entire site. Is there any way to ‘recover’ a corrupt file or identify where the corruption is? Do Realmac offer any help in these situations?

Many thanks,

Chaim

You can try RealMac support, but it probably won’t be able to help or take quite a bit of time for them to get back to you that you would be better off redoing what you did.

I’d be more concerned with what happened and prevention of it happening again.

You didn’t answer this question, but there’s been issues in using cloud storage (like Dropbox), or NAS drives corrupting project files.

TimeMachine should be making hourly backups for the last 24 hours, then daily, etc, etc. Did you not save the project file during that period? RapidWeaver doesn’t do automatic saves for you. You need to get into the habit of saving ( ⌘ Cmd+S ) your work often.

Many thanks Doug for you kind assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.