Seeking support for Rapid Weaver

Someone set up my website using Rapid Weaver and has since moved away.

Attempted to do a footer change as I’m moving my office.

Now getting an error code

Exception while exporting site
-[_NSCFStrkng setString:]: nil argument

Do not know how to resolve or who to seek for assistance?

Probably easiest to get help in US

Did the RW developer leave a project file with you or stored a RW backup on your host?

Open project file in RapidWeaver and go to Settings > General. In there, in the footer area type whatever you want to appear in your theme’s footer.

I have a project file on my desktop. Have sent an inquiry to web host to find out when he last backed up.

Sari :cactus:
Sari Lewis, OTR/L, RCST
Sari Hands PLC

Do you have your own copy of Rapidweaver? If so, which version?

Rob

I have RapidWeaver Version 5.4.1 (14041)

Sari Lewis, OTR/L, RCST
Sari Hands PLC

THIS E-MAIL MAY CONTAIN PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION

Important Privacy Notice: The personal or medical information contained in this e-mail is confidential, private and privileged. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to review, copy, disclose or disseminate confidential medical information. If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately at the e-mail address indicated above and return the original message to me and delete the email you received.

To All Patients: By choosing to use e-mail to communicate with us, you understand and agree to the following: The use of e-mail poses risks to the confidentiality of your health information. The Internet is an open network and provides no inherent protection for confidential medical information. You accept these risks. E-mail must not be the primary means of communication with us regarding your medical information. In particular, you must contact us by telephone or in person about critical or time-sensitive issues. Please be advised there will be times when we will not have access to e-mail.

Assuming you can open the project, I would do a save as and save a new copy first thing.

You must also have any plugins stacks etc that the project uses.

Then see if you can do an export all

If that works, check your publishing set up and try to publish.

I can’t seem to find Settings in RapidWeaver?

Sari Lewis, OTR/L, RCST
Sari Hands PLC

THIS E-MAIL MAY CONTAIN PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION

Important Privacy Notice: The personal or medical information contained in this e-mail is confidential, private and privileged. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to review, copy, disclose or disseminate confidential medical information. If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately at the e-mail address indicated above and return the original message to me and delete the email you received.

To All Patients: By choosing to use e-mail to communicate with us, you understand and agree to the following: The use of e-mail poses risks to the confidentiality of your health information. The Internet is an open network and provides no inherent protection for confidential medical information. You accept these risks. E-mail must not be the primary means of communication with us regarding your medical information. In particular, you must contact us by telephone or in person about critical or time-sensitive issues. Please be advised there will be times when we will not have access to e-mail.

We’re happy to take a look; zip the file and email it to eric@oneelevenwebdesign.com

1 Like

@Sari

This is a forum.
If you want someone to take your question seriously maybe drop the ridiculous signature?

(Just my suggestion before I get flamed).

1 Like

Ric

My ‘ridiculous signature’ is automatically attached to my emails as I am a therapist. But I have removed it for you. Would have appreciated some actual assistance instead of just a criticism. Thankfully it seems there are others on this forum who are more willing to help.

Hey, Sari,

Not to take anyone’s side, I have to agree that attaching an email footer to a forum post does not help anybody – especially you, as it distracts and serves no purpose at all. Some people may just stay away from a post like that.

First time on a forum like this. I’ve been officially scolded and can manually remove the footer which is mandatory for emails in my profession. Would now appreciate more concrete suggestions for the issue.

I also didn’t realize the sensitivities around an email signature.
In any case, if you can pass your file along to someone (Eric offered his email above), it should be an easy/quick fix. If you plan on maintaining the site long-term, you may want to consider an update as RW 5.4.1 is a bit long in the tooth

I must not have read the fine print in the forum guidelines…I will manually remove my footer for the forum in the future.

Trying to figure out how to zip the file so I can forward to someone. Are most forum members on this site to find new clients?

@Sari
Sorry Sari. It was an unnecessary comment.

Thank you for the apology Ric. Optimistic that I will find the solution I’m seeking.

There’s a real mix of people here - some building a single site for themselves, some making multiple sites for friends or societies or charities and others who build site for clients professionally. A real mix of experience too, but we’re a friendly bunch.

You should be able to right click on the Rapidweaver project file and then choose the Compress option from the pop up menu.

:sunglasses:

Rob

1 Like

Eric has been unbelievably helpful and generous with his time. I’ve engaged him to resolve my issue.

Thanks for your kindness

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.