Shopping cart question

(Linda) #1

Have a customer who wants the ability to pay by credit card.

They DO NOT want pay pal
They DO NOT want stripe (don’t want another card processor)

They have a merchant credit card account with very good online security. The card company says I have to download a “shopping cart” first

Do you have a recommendation

(Bob Afifi) #2

You can pay using a credit card on PayPal (don’t need a PayPal account). Millions of people do it every day.

(Linda) #3

They do not want PayPal connection

Part of the issue is it’s a medical clinic and PayPal is not friendly to medical payments.

(Bob Afifi) #4

I would think then that they should provide the merchant shopping cart for you to integrate into the website. Seems like that’s on their end, or am I misunderstanding who’s trying to do what?

(Linda) #5

I am confused also. I have never had someone say “provide shopping cart” . That came from the merchant card provider. The customer doesn’t want the PayPal.

It would be easy if the customer would permit PayPal

(Bob Afifi) #6

Well it sounds to me that they want to use their merchant account which means that the cart has to work with that bank - most banks have very strict guidelines to follow so I wouldn’t waste my time trying to figure out what all those might be and hunting around for a cart. I’d put it back to the client to provide the cart since they’re the ones demanding it work with their merchant account.

(Linda) #7

My thoughts exactly. I am just caught in the middle and trolling for an alternative

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.