SiteMap Plus causing Rapidweaver to crash

(Ron Willmot) #1

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone has having problems with SiteMap Plus. When I try to add keywords the program crashes. I’ve had to replace it with Site Map & am entering Metadata via individual pages. Any suggestions to what may be causing the crash?
Thanks, Ron Willmot

(Stuart) #2

Yep… I reported this to the vendor forever ago and was given the following response:

It might be a mavericks issue -- Honestly I don't have a way to test mavericks any more.
Here is a movie I made of copy & paste -- as far as I can tell it's what you are trying to do -- it's working great for me
http://cl.ly/3E462g1Z1A0j
-john

And that was that. It was reported on the 26th of May and I eventually got that response on the 4th June. Nine days to be given that response.

Sitemap Plus is utterly unusable for me due to crashes. It is a shame because prior to this I used it all the time.
Now I have nothing very positive to say about Loghound because of this - but maybe I should remind myself that it was < $10 and you do get what you pay for. I feel your pain.

(Rob D) #3

That’s interesting. I am on Mavericks and I am using SiteMap+ from Loghound for as long as I use RW, which is several years, but I have never noticed this behavior. As a matter of fact, I don’t remember even one instance when my copy of SiteMap+ would crash RapidWeaver…

(Stuart) #4

That IS interesting. Have you ever tried pasting in keywords rather than entering them manually?

(Ron Willmot) #5

Thanks for the reply. Site Map plus was very stable prior to version 6 of Rapidweaver. I’ll give copying and pasting a try.
Ron

(Stuart) #6

For me, it IS copying and pasting keywords that crashes it.

(Rob D) #7

No, I think I always type my keywords (there’s not too many of them). I will have to try your method of pasting in…