Solved: Adding caption to photo's in Stacks3 text element

What is easiest way to add caption to photo’s dropped into a Stacks3 text element? Photo can appear anywhere in the text element, and can be set left or right.

I am not certain there is a way to add a caption this way.

Why not just use a Float Stack and add a text stack below the image as a caption, like this:

Which will give you this:

1 Like

Wow… thanks for the illustrated example… but my pic can appear anywhere in the article so it’s not always at top. And the float stack only allows pic at top… right?

What I do now is use a graphic utility to shade the pic (or border or whatever) and then I add the caption using the utility. Thus the caption becomes part of the photo. But I was hoping there was some ingenious add-on to do this within RW.

It would be cool if within the stack you could not only add shading and border but also caption…

I appreciate your reply very very much.

Unfortunately, yes, it is only on the top. I really do not think there is a solution for what you want.

Perhaps one day caption ability will be added along with border and shading… I can alway hope. Meantime I guess I’ll just continue with my utility app. Thank you zeebe…

Same issue I used the Photo stacks from https://nickcatesdesign.com/ worked a treat as I needed a light box as well.

Yes, there are many caption options for Lightbox, fancy pic layouts, etc but in my case it’s almost always one pic dropped into a text article. “The Forgotten Single Text Pic” so to speak…

Maybe this would do the trick?

http://rapidweaver.marathia.com/stacks/smartfloat/demo/demo6/

Rob

@robbeattle… Thanks for the marathia stack suggestion. That is a most interesting stack.

@zeebe… Thanks for the prod to think more about the obvious use of a “Float Stack.” I ended up doing just that (using a float stack) with an ImageCaption stack (stack4stacks).

In those cases where the image appears lower in the article I just use another text stack above and I split the text at the appropriate place. I receive all my text copy from others (Pages files) and believe it or not I’ve pasted so many articles into text stacks I forget that they can easily be split into different stacks! Can’t see the forest for the trees!

1 Like