Solved / Rapidweaver publishes website – but not all changes are visible

The short answer ⌘ Cmd+⌥Opt+E

More detailed info here:

1 Like

I noticed something similar to what Salty describes"

1. RW8 did not update my files tho it reported Publishing Complete. This was using Big Sur. To check the web dir, I dropped a plain index.html and browsed it which works. No amount of publishing has made the website available. I tried different web directories, the problem continued. I called Bluehost tech support which hosts my sites and they claim nothing is wrong with the web server.
  2. I tried uploading from a local folder with Transmit FTP. Tho the files show up in the web dir they do not display. I checked the index file. It oddly added a .cloud to the html extension.
  3. I disabled iDrive file storage for Desktop, the files FTP without the .cloud extension
  4. Finally, after spending a good amount of the old year troubleshooting my site, I reverted to RW7.4, recreated my site by cut and pasting from the RW8 local files in Edit mode. Happy New Year, I now have a working website.
    Lesson: Beware of shiny gifts…
    Hope this info helps some one.
    Cheers!
    Mike

Not sure how you think this would be helpful to anyone?

Are you suggesting that we all should revert to a 3-year-old release(7.4), not even the last version 7(7.5.6) of RapidWeaver and run it with the latest just released big sure?

This is your first post In over two years, you asked your hosting company that of course said that everything on their end is fine, but never posted a single question here.

There are thousands of people using RW8 every day without issues and I’d bet many are using Bluehost.

Lesson: try asking for help before writing off an entire release.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.