(SOLVED) Weird redirect or something... links going to wrong page

Can anyone tell by looking at my site what is going on? @barchard ?
https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com/portfolios/
These links (circled) are being redirected to the wrong pages. They are going to event pages. The links are correct in RW and I can’t find any redirects like that in my cpanel redirects.
thanks

The first one Lifestlye>serices goes to:

https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com/services/event-party-services/

That’s in your source code, not a redirect.

1 Like

I have no idea what is wrong but the 2 immediate things to check:

• links entered correctly. (I know you said they were, but still … I also don’t know how you entered the links. Sometimes the link may say something but be remembering an old link that used to be there.) I mainly write my links using markdown so it’s fully transparent what the link is.
  • PHP vs. HTML: did you recently change from PHP for the page from HTML? If so, and you did not delete the HTML file from server, then it may be showing the wrong file for you.
1 Like

Doug-
I don’t get it.
See screenshot

Mathew-
I only have one file, no duplicates of html vs php.

Be sure you are setting the link in the proper place… I recently had this problem and I had forgotten that link is sset in the stack itself and I was using the regular RW link tool at the bottom of the window… just a thought…

1 Like

I don’t think so…

I would guess that what is in your project file, did not get published to your website? My screen shot is the source code that is from your site on the internet. It appears to be an index.html (no PHP file in that folder). Last modified
Tue, 21 Nov 2017 00:29:04 GMT
Coming from Cloudflare maybe?

1 Like

Delete the button stack and drop a new button stack and set the link again. See if that fixes it. I ran into bugs before where the changes I made in inspection was not taking hold until I re-did the stack and save my changes again.

Bill

1 Like

Doug- If it’s coming from Cloudflare, what would I do to fix it? I did last republish on the 21st. That is the date of my saved file.

ok, I will try that, thanks, Bill.

Well, I would republish that page, then refresh your Cloudflare cache. Login to Cloudflare and purge everything:

2 Likes

Didn’t seem to work. I do always clear the cache in Cloludflare after I publish.

Is it possible someone has cloned my site? I’ve been seeing weird 404 missing pages that I did not create.

If it was me. To troubleshoot it, I would take that button out and publish it again without the button and inspect the page to see if link is still there.

If not then I would drop a default button somewhere on the page and only add a link in inspect then publish to see if the link change or not. If not then move same button back into the panel box.

It did update the last mod date:
Fri, 01 Dec 2017 18:38:06 GMT
However, the link in the source code is still pointing at:
https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com/services/event-party-services/
Not sure what’s going on, You could inspect the element in the RW preview, and check the URL?
Maybe check it out in Browser preview as well?
Could change the link from a URL to a page?

1 Like

oh crap, I’m an idiot. I was looking at the wrong links. I have 2 sets of layouts, one for smaller screens and one for larger. I think I’ve got it figured out now.
thanks, all.

but if anyone knows why random 404s are showing up in google analytics for me, that’s still a mystery.

How many and what kind?

thanks, Doug. I don’t recognize the circled links
52 AM

Those appear to be generated urls.
Looks like from google search console report?
Might want to look at this from google (section on 404’s)
point #2:

See where the invalid links live. Click a URL to see Linked from these pages information. Your fix will depend on whether the link is coming from your own or from another site:

2 Likes