Some pictures scrambled after publishing

Hi all,

I have my website up and running for years now with RapidWeaver. No problems until about half a year ago. Some of my pictures got scrambled. I tried everything without succes. My website doesn’t;t look good. Some pictures are half or more grey.

When you open my website, you see some pictures are scrambled up. However…. when you click on the pictures; the files behind them seem to be OK. So, the problem is the thumbnail file.

SayDesign told me it’s not a Masonry Stack problem.

They suggested to ask on the RapidWeaver community forums to see if anybody else has some ideas on what’s gone wrong.

I’ve attached two pictures: Thumbnail is scrambled; the other is not. Pictures can also be found on my website.
Hope anyone can help me. My website doesn’t look good.

https://www.hugenholtz.net

When you open the project in RapidWeaver do the images look like this?

• if Preview looks fine on your computer, and the problems are only on the real website then the problem is simply a failed upload. and the answer is very simple: choose Re-Publish All Files from the file menu. this will take some time, but when it completely things should be back to normal.

• if Preview also looks bad, then something has damage the project file on your computer. in this case you should:

• pull an older copy from a backup, if you have a backup.
    • replace the images manually if you don’t have a backup.
    • make sure that you have a solid backup going forward – whatever caused the damage in the past could happen again, a backup will ensure that you never loose data again
    • if you’ve been using Dropbox or iCloud or another syncing service to store your project i’d recommend avoiding it.
    • once you’ve got your project back in order you should follow steps above to republish the entire site.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.