Something PRO happened: RapidCart Pro is here!

My client is not getting her emails when a product is ordered.

I believe it is a yahoo email problem

Can I add my email address so that I will be notified when she receives an order (hosted w chillidog) so that I can let her know when she gets an order. I need a quick fix asap!

The local SMTP, that is the one set by your hosting provider.

Is “Send Copy To” address correctly filled?
Currently it accepts only one address, so you need to create a email alias that forwards emails to both your and your customer’s addresses.

@Figory Next update will support multiple email addresses.

2 Likes

Please take a look closely at your mail code. I have intentionally left blank on Server address, Username and Password but leave Email Address (orders@MyCompany.com.au) and Name (orders) in there. However, I still made an order and I still got that order with sender from email address (orders@MyCompany.com.au) and Name (orders) in incoming email.

I don’t think your mail code passing SMTP values keyed in Customization>Settings to Mail Code. I have subscribed TurboSMTP which shows outgoing mail traffic. I can see it when I use Mac mail but I don’t see any traffic when orders from RCP to customers. I talked with its Technical support but they couldn’t find any email sent out from RCP either. It looked like your mail program does not connect to outside SMTP. It connects to only Local SMTP no matter values keyed in.

How can we sell without orders coming in perfectly?

To be a better program.
Miti

I’m having a problem with items that I’ve ticked to have “physical, no shipping”. If only those items are added to the cart it works fine - no shipping is charged. But if any items that have “physical, shipping” are added to the cart, then all the items are counted as having “physical, shipping”. If i put 10 of the “physical, no shipping” items in the cart and add one item that has “physical, shipping”, then shipping charges are calculated as if there were 11 items with “physical, shipping”. My shipping mode is “fixed”, type is “items” and i have steps in increments of 2.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Just log in your FTP and verify that SMTP is enabled in config.php file you find in rw_common/plugins/rapidcartpro/data folder.

That’s expected. Shipping/No Shipping flag enables Shipping for the whole cart.
Once a product that requires shipping is added to cart, Shipping section is shown during Checkout and rules are applied to whole order.

@rob OK, thanks for explaining that. I didn’t actually expect that as the Shipping/No Shipping flag selectors are for individual products, so i expected the settings to apply individually at checkout. Is there any way to have no shipping retained on particular products at checkout?

1 Like

SMTP is now enable with value ‘1’. It always comes back with this error when ‘Use External SMTP’ is checked. It seems that your PHPmailer.php does not accept external values or some other errors. Please also note that I haven’t received email orders for few days. I have to regularly login to MySQL page to see if there is an order coming in without warning. It’s so busy checking email and selling thing together. Please help.

Thanks,
Miti

@miti The most likely event here is that your hosting provider (Godaddy?) is preventing you from using external SMTP servers.

Did you contact them in order to check if you’re allowed to use external SMTP services?

They do not seem to allow external SMTP, so you should uncheck the “Use external SMTP” option in RapidCart.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/outgoing-email-smtp-limit-16232

1 Like

Done. I have moved all data from Godaddy to Webhostinghub.com. It accepts External SMTP. My orders relay with TurboSMTP in 3 seconds. Wow!

Your last comment enlightens me.

Thank you so much,
Miti

2 Likes

It is possible to have more business RapidCart Pro in one project?

Only one RapidCart Pro page is allowed per project.
You can freely create two different RW projects, each with a RapidCart Pro page, but keep in mind that web addresses in RW Project Settings must differ.
Like http://www.domain.com/it and http://www.domain.com/us.

1 Like

##RapidCart Pro 4.5.0 has just been released!

New Features
Improved product gallery: thumbnails, videos, transition effect, duration, autoplay and ken burn effect.
New promoted option for products. Promoted products stay on top regardless of sorting options.
Orders can now be sent to multiple email addresses.

Enhancements
Only file name is now actually shown in product Download page.
Tag badges now show a small icon.
Database connection now times out after 5 seconds.
More verbose error message for missing credentials in Admin area.
Clicking on toolbar icon in Admin area now redirects to Admin home page.
Improves support to Stripe payment method.
Improves support to Mollie payment method.
Improves support to Amazon S3.
Improves support to 3rd-party themes.

Bug Fixes
Webhook errors are now correctly caught.
Disables ‘Force HTTPS’ option in preview mode.

http://rapidweavercommunity.com/addons/plugins/rapidcart-pro-4
http://4gnd.com/rcp

3 Likes

Thank you, @caffeineinjection, for your kind words.

2 Likes

Possibly a dumb question but where in Settings is the field to enter multiple email addresses to use for the new feature of “Orders can now be sent to multiple email addresses.”? There doesn’t seem to be a new field in the email section. Are the addresses just entered in the “From” field with a comma separating them?

Also, could you please advise on this question about having some items have no shipping charge - is there anyway to do that?

Thanks very much!

Thanks, much appreciated.

If you’re satisfied with RapidCart Pro, please find a moment to leave a review or like it on Realmac Software Community website.

1 Like

The field “accepts a comma-separated list of multiple email addresses” as explained in RCP manual https://tls.4gnd.com/rw/rapidcartpro/manual/#other-customizations/settings-tab/email-settings-panel

At the moment single product requiring shipping enables shipping for whole cart as @rob said.

Thanks. I see that in the manual, but it states: “Set an email address in Send Copy To subsection to receive a copy of every payment and order receipt sent.”, so it’s a bit unclear if that’s referring to the existing “From” field as i don’t see a new field or any new labels or tips in the Email section. I guess you mean the “From” field and will give that a try.

If there’s currently no way to have some products retain “no shipping” if a single product requiring shipping enables shipping for the whole cart, I would request that as feature for a future update - it would be very helpful.

Thanks again!

1 Like