Stripe stack...and Checkout Stack are awesome!

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows of a stack similar to Yuzools Stripe stack…he seems to only sell it via a bundle which is a shame…but as I already have some of the stacks in that bundle and just require the Stripe stack.

Buying the bundle is a very expensive method to buy 1 stack, so not really an option.

I have the Yuzool Checkout stack which is great but that only has a fixed amount option, I require a Stripe stack that the customer can fill in the amount.

On a little whinge tangent…it is a shame that developers are forcing us to buy bundles rather than offering then flexibility to purchase individual stacks. Especially when we have already bought their other stacks and are loyal customers but don’t require or already have many of their stacks bought separately over the years.

Any ideas or suggestions on a Stripe stack that offers a customer input field for the amount please.

As usual, all thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers Scott

1 Like

Have sent you a message @scottjf for this

On a little whinge tangent…it is a shame that developers are forcing us to buy bundles rather than offering then flexibility to purchase individual stacks. Especially when we have already bought their other stacks and are loyal customers but don’t require or already have many of their stacks bought separately over the years.

I can’t speak for others and they are free to make their own decisions. But my site still has 23 Stacks on sale individually so there are options. Nobody is forced to get the Bundle. The Bundle is a collection of my “old” stacks from 2012-16 - it’s great value as has about 70 addons in there.

Checkout is a replacement for Stripe Stack as it combined Pay Stack also (which are both in the Bundle).

This change happened in Jan 17 and it made sense at the time and still works for us now. So thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting back.

Does Checkout have the option for the customer to enter an amount or it is only fixed amounts dictated by what I would set inside the stack?

Thanks Scott

1 Like

Does Checkout have the option for the customer to enter an amount or it is only fixed amounts dictated by what I would set inside the stack?

It’s fixed amounts - either subscription or one-off payments.

e.g.
http://demo.yuzoolthemes.com/checkout/page-3/

There have been a couple of requests (including yours!) to add custom amounts to Checkout for things like billing or donations so will try and add this into it in the future.

Otherwise, best to use Stripe for now and have sent you a message about that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

Ok thanks, that flexible input amount would be a great addition to the Checkout stack…especially considering it was a Stripe stack replacement.

Before I buy the Stripe stack, can I ask if it will be supported by you the future. If Stripe changes their api for example will you be updating this “old” stack please?

Cheers,
Scott

1 Like

It was last updated on September 20th @scottjf

• Updated Stripe API
  • Updated to work with Stripe new Product and Plans for Subscriptions
    https://stripe.com/docs/billing/subscriptions/products-and-plans
  • Will need to update products with these IDs if republishing a site with this version
  • Added option to allow Trial period from Stripe product setup to be applied to products
  • Fix for rounding bug with values and large decimals

So it’s had a few updates already in 2018 (considering it was archived in 2016) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

Thank you for being a dev with integrity.

I’m just a bit wary as I’ve been caught out a few times with stacks and apps that become discontinued or not supported not long after purchasing them.

Cheers Scott

2 Likes

It would be great to see this feature in a future update of the Checkout stack :smiley: Thanks.

I already have the Stripe and Pay stack of the Oak Bundle. By the way, it is an excellent bundle (Oak Bundle), of great value, but I especially like the Checkout stack … great stack that can grow even more :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @scottjf for supporting this Stack and please share your payment pages - be good to see what you come up with.

Actually @TINO has had the idea of the custom payment for Checkout Stack also, so it’s definitely got 2 votes of approval :+1: Thanks for your positive comments also :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Michael,

I’m having a little problem with the Stripe stack, it was something that also was occurring with the Checkout stack too back in May. See the link below to that one.

I am having exactly trough same issue this time with Stripe stack.

The footer links and other text is not appearing as it should and set in the Foundry stack.
See the screenshot attached, as you can see the links have white background which is not set in the Foundry stack and the other paragraph text is wrong colour too.

Last time with the Checkout stack you put out an update that fixed the issue.

Many thanks again.

Cheers Scott

It’s a CSS clash with Foundry @scottjf

If you post a link to your site I can send you a CSS snippet to fix it

It’s better to override the styles so it’s most likely something along these lines:

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thanks

https://www.rapidwebsites.net/payments/

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Michael,

I tried that CSS snippet but it doesn’t work. It is live on the site now. https://rapidwebsites.net/payments/

It was much the same with the Checkout stack too back in May, I don’t think that CSS worked either.

Any other thoughts please?

Cheers Scott

Hi Michael,

Not sure if this is a help for you, but this is the email you sent me with the fix for the same issue that was happening with Checkout back in 18 May 2018

Whatever modifications you did with the Checkout stack certainly fixed the issue.

Cheers Scott

@scottjf You need to overwrite the P styles:

p {
color: pink;
text-shadow: none;
}

Add that to your Page Inspector Custom CSS and change the “pink” to the colour you like!

1 Like

Ok great thanks Michael,

That works for the colouring of the body text but the footer links still have the white block around the text. See screenshot attached.

Sadly that CSS doesn’t help match up the font style that I’m using in the rest of the site.

I’m not sure what you did in the Checkout stack when this issue came up but that certainly fixed it.

Thanks

Scott

Hi
Yes this would be great to have a custom amount, I would use it on my site.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean by “font style” but it’s using the same font as you’ve specified in Foundry:

.foundry-typeface-two {
font-family: 'Poppins', sans-serif;
font-weight: 400
}

For the footer please add:

p a {
 background: none;
}

Thanks @bayview - that’s another vote for that one :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thanks, that footer code did the trick.

Is it possible to have 2 Stripe stacks on the same page?

I’d like to have a $AUD or £GBP option.

When I place 2 Stripe stacks I get this error in Preview.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getRequestProtocol() (previously declared in /private/var/folders/gh/6yt8h2897cbb8t0dqdh9k6sw0000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/RapidWeaver/1134/document-0x6000049c5f00/RWDocumentPagePreview/payments/index.php:276) in /private/var/folders/gh/6yt8h2897cbb8t0dqdh9k6sw0000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/RapidWeaver/1134/document-0x6000049c5f00/RWDocumentPagePreview/payments/index.php on line 380

Thanks

Scott

1 Like

No I don’t think that’s possible - I would do them as sub pages.

For that have the price in AUD and GBP in the buttons and then the buttons lead to the individual Stripe Stack sub pages.