There's still no way to copy multiple stacks at the same time to paste in another area/page?

(webcore) #1

There’s still no way to copy multiple stacks at the same time to paste in another area/page without placing them inside another 1 column stack or something?

(Koles) #2

I use this app:

it copies stacks, text, images, anything really. I can’t imagine my workflow without it anymore.

(Markus Frieauff ) #3

If I want to copy more than one stack I usually drop them into a canvas like a 1column stack and then copy THIS. After copying simply pull the stacks out of the column stack and delete the latter. Works well.

(webcore) #4

Thanks. That’s what i’m doing at the moment. Was hoping that we could do this already in the latest version…

(Graham Jackson) #5

Like holding CMD and clicking on the ones you want to copy - that would be perfect.

(webcore) #6

Exactly. That would be awesome :slight_smile:

(scott williams) #7

I think that @isaiah mentioned something about this but darned if I can find it.

(Isaiah Carew) #8

you can only select or copy one stack at a time – but they’re hierarchical – so you can you can put everything into a One-Column stack and Copy that in one shot.

Or better yet, just use a Partial.

Hi @isaiah, any chance that in future we might be able to drag a stack onto an existing partial to add it instead of having to cut/open partial/select a stack/paste? Or am I doing it wrong and there’s an easier way?

Cheers,
Beem

(Isaiah Carew) #10

@Beemerang actually, it would be easy to do – much easier than how it works now. and i can see how, perhaps from a distance, it might seem like that could work – but i think there would be lots insurmountable UI/UX problems:

examples:

• it would make interacting with unpinned content very difficult
  • it would make it difficult to tell where the boundary of a partial was – an important concept since they are likely part of many pages.

making a partial district from the pages its used on has many UI/UX advantages, not to mention the huge advantage performance and efficiency.

what i’m saying is i did it that way on purpose. i think it’s a good thing. :slight_smile:

Understood. Thanks for explaining it to me. :slight_smile: