"This document uses files in another location that RapidWeaver is unable to access"

Every now and then when opening projects in RW 8 I get this message:
" This document uses files in another location that RapidWeaver is unable to access. Please allow RapidWeaver to access to your files by choosing the directory where they’re stored. Choosing your home directory is normally a good choice."
In some cases selecting the home directory works. In some not. What am I supposed to do?

@dan…can you explain what this does and how I can solve it?

This happens to me too.
Every time I open my project, it keeps asking for file location. I choose the correct folder but it still keep asking me for the location. I have to choose select not now button.

Yes, had this with several sites I have in RW, open the Resources folder to see what files are ‘missing’, relink them to their location and the message will disappear.

Edit - Just to add to this, I had some ‘missing’ Resources where I’d not been very good at housekeeping after dragging an image into a RW stack. The way I’ve managed to sort it all out was to FTP into my host ISP folder, download the RW Resources folder for that site, add it to my project folder (I have 12 sites, each with it’s own folder) then use ‘Relink’ and point it to the folder (and image) I downloaded - if that all makes sense!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.