Time to Upgrade to RapidWeaver

Hey folks,

This is a post mostly to the folks still using RapidWeaver 7. I wanted to let you know that we’ll be winding down full support for RapidWeaver 7. More info on that below.

Upgrade RW for Half Price LAST DAY ONLY!!!

But first, I wanted to let you know that there is a very good deal right now for buying 9 Mac apps – including RapidWeaver 8. You get RapidWeaver, plus some other great tools. I currently use One Switch, Unite, RapidWeaver, DaisyDisk, and Mosaic. These are all great apps and there is no “filler” here like most bundles.

And in the fineprint, even lets you buy RapidWeaver for half off, without buying the rest of the bundle!!! So if you’re looking for a way to get back on the current version of RW, maybe this makes it a bit less painful.
Full disclosure: I’m not getting paid to endorse this bundle in any way.

But this deal only goes through today. So better get it quick!

https://www.realmacsoftware.com/blog/?id=the-macnificent-9-nine-wonderful-mac-apps

A Note about RW7 and the recent Stacks v4.1 update

I’m working on a fix for Stacks v4.1 when used with RapidWeaver 7. It’s a tough one, the RapidWeaver 7 and RapidWeaver 8 API are quite different in Preview mode. This may take a bit longer, I’m afraid.

RW7 and future Stacks updates

I will keep fixing RapidWeaver 7 specific bugs in Stacks v4.1 for the foreseeable future, but Stacks v4.2 will NOT support RapidWeaver 7 – or will have limited RW 7 support (usable for migration).

RapidWeaver 7, RapidWeaver 8, and the planned RapidWeaver 9 have substantially different APIs and I’m only one guy. My goal is to provide as much support as I can up until the point when supporting old stuff actually hurts supporting the current, or newer stuff.

Currently Stacks is being built for RW7 and RW8 and working towards RW9.
We’re also supporting macOS: Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur
And both Intel and soon support for Apple Silicon too.

We’ll be dropping RapidWeaver 7, but still supporting all the rest.

You will still be able to use Stacks and RapidWeaver 7, but new features, new APIs, and someday some new 3rd party stacks will require you to upgrade to RapidWeaver 8. We’ll keep Stacks v4.1 as the milestone version and continue to fix any bugs we find in Stacks in v4.1 as well, so that if you need to use RapidWeaver 7 you use Stacks v4.1 with full confidence that everything works well.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.