TotalCMS - couple of Q's

(Darren Yeates) #1

Couple of questions on TotalCMS Blog:

1. Is it possible to have it send an email when a blog post is created (so our team social media person can start promoting it)

2. I have added FB comments on the blog pages but is there a way to get the comments specific to the blog page? At the moment if I comment on a blog post and go to a different blog post i still see the same comment?

(Joe Workman) #2

Email is not a feature of the CMS at this time.

You can have unique comments on each blog post. My Comments v2 stack have a child stack that show under the Blog Post child stacks. Use that and you will get a comment thread per post.

(Paul Russam) #3

Here’s a possible solution to your 1st question, set up rss for the blog and have updates emailed.
I didn’t google too hard but I found this https://zapier.com/zapbook/zaps/1441/get-rss-feed-updates-via-email/ I’m sure with a bit more googling you could find a number of methods.

(Rob Beattie) #4

Mailchimp does something called an RSS-driven campaign which will do what you want. The free version is quite generous as well so you may be able to get away with just using that.

Rob

(Darren Yeates) #5

@joeworkman thanks - I was adding in the standalone Comments stack rather than the child one on the blog post :slight_smile:

(Darren Yeates) #6

Excellent, thanks, i’ll look onto it :slight_smile: