TotalCMS - couple of Q's

Couple of questions on TotalCMS Blog:

1. Is it possible to have it send an email when a blog post is created (so our team social media person can start promoting it)

2. I have added FB comments on the blog pages but is there a way to get the comments specific to the blog page? At the moment if I comment on a blog post and go to a different blog post i still see the same comment?

Email is not a feature of the CMS at this time.

You can have unique comments on each blog post. My Comments v2 stack have a child stack that show under the Blog Post child stacks. Use that and you will get a comment thread per post.

2 Likes

Here’s a possible solution to your 1st question, set up rss for the blog and have updates emailed.
I didn’t google too hard but I found this https://zapier.com/zapbook/zaps/1441/get-rss-feed-updates-via-email/ I’m sure with a bit more googling you could find a number of methods.

1 Like

Mailchimp does something called an RSS-driven campaign which will do what you want. The free version is quite generous as well so you may be able to get away with just using that.

Rob

2 Likes

@joeworkman thanks - I was adding in the standalone Comments stack rather than the child one on the blog post :slight_smile:

Excellent, thanks, i’ll look onto it :slight_smile: