Trouble RapidWeaver add-ons

(Karen Sutton) #1
  1. List item

Hi, I am having a problem with RW7 add-ons on my Macbook Pro, when installing it eats up my gigabytes and then says there’s not enough room to install WeaverPix. I have freed up tons of space and when installing the add-ons again I can watch the gigabytes fly by from CleanMyMac 3 and now I have no storage on my hard drive. Please help, I can’t even us my email on my laptop. Had to login as guest user. I just had to uninstall RapidWeaver 7, I gained over 30 GB. What causes it to use that much space? I am using MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 201) Memory 8 GB OS X El Capitan 10.11.5.

(Scott Steven) #2

Hmm do a health check on your drive for bad sectors. I dont use weaver pix but doubt it takes up much space

(Karen Sutton) #3

I did that, I used the utility disk and everything looked great. But had absolutely no room on my hard drive so I had to delete RapidWeaver 7 and I got 30 GB back. Something is weird with that. Disappointed.

(Scott Steven) #4

really that much space for RW7 somethings is really odd

(Karen Sutton) #5

Yes it is odd, need to contact them directly somehow.

(Karen Sutton) #6

While on vacation I downloaded RW7, it took up too much space on my MacBook Pro & I ran out of start up disk space, it wouldn’t take my add-ons. Frustrated, I deleted all of the files. Now that I am home I want to re-install it on my iMac, hopefully it’ll work on it with all my add-ons. Problem is, I don’t have my authentication code for it. I looked everywhere on my laptops emails… nothing. However, I paid for it through PayPal, I have that. I emailed a team member earlier today and haven’t heard anything back yet. I really want to get this up and running before I leave again, I have a new client and want to use some of the features. However, I am thinking there have been so many issues with this version, maybe I should wait until all the bugs are out and try to get a refund. Suggestions? Thanks!

(Jason Bostick) #7

When you say you emailed a team member, do you mean Realmac or PayPal? This link says to send Realmac an email to retrieve your code. http://kb.realmacsoftware.com/article/25-lost-license

Otherwise, you can check for a Paddle email in your inbox.

(Scott Steven) #8

I would like to be fair about issues on this forum there are not that many. First there a lot of posts from people restating other peoples issues. example FTP is one another is not understanding how this add ons folder is carried forward. Many of the fold I have volunteered to help are posting things that have been answered in the videos that Realmac have posted.

I think if you started reading through a lot of the issues you will find a lot of the issues in this forum are related so you only actually have a couple of real issues that are being repeated. Many of which are in the videos on how to work with the new app

(Karen Sutton) #9

I did check Paddle email, I must have deleted it. Realmac fixed it. Thanks!

(gary pullings) #10

the one thing that stood out to me was the Cleanmymac program your using. Look at the reviews on it through out the apple forums etc. it is a resource hog and corrupts the OS. I know from personal experience. I suggest getting rid of that and limiting what you install.

(Scott Steven) #11

Get AppZapper cheap does what you need. For the love of god dont install mackeeper will trash your mac. Cleanmymac is also dangerous.