Ultimate Gallery Stack Weird After Stacks 3 Update

Hi Mark419 and thanks for that.

I have Iris 1.1.2 but I can’t see on the NC website what the latest version is. I’ll contact support. Thanks for your response! I can probably find someone who has an iPad too, who would check it out for me. The simulators are great, but probably only as good as the OS of mobile device that was out when they were created too - things are ever changing!

cheers
peg

Hi Peg -

Try this site to preview your site in different devices:

http://www.responsinator.com

I did have some similar problems recently with a site I did many months ago using the Ultimate Gallery with the black space underneath, until I get round to fixing the whole page I changed the Thumb BG colour to the same as the page.

I have the same issue with the thumbnails. They keep the square shape (except for the vertical photos which overpass it), any size you specify above (approximately) 120 pixels doesn’t operate.
The lightbox works fine but the thumbnails dont !

I just bought this Stack. Read the thread unfortunately afterwards. My problem is that I can’t even see the Stack?? I’ve RW 6.3.7 an newest Stack3. Any hints about this?

Sorry to hear that. :disappointed:

Have you tried dragging and dropping the UltimateGallery stack icons onto your RapidWeaver 6 icon in the dock? I think the issue is that the UltimateGallery stacks were packed inside an installer, and that installer is looking for the RapidWeaver 5 addons folder, not the RapidWeaver 6 addons folder! I just tried with one of the free WeaverAddons stacks, and I could not get it to install either using the auto installer…

My honest opinion is that you might be wasting your time and money with the UltimateGallery stacks. I don’t know why they are still listed for sale or why Cartloom are still happily taking money for them. It’s nothing short of a scam if you ask me! I’d advise you complain to PayPal or your credit card company and demand a refund on the basis that the goods supplied are not fit for purpose / not as advertised. This thread is proof that they don’t work for a lot of people and there is no longer any support or updates forthcoming. I hope I can be proven wrong, but it’s looking doubtful now.

I did voluntarily attempt to help a theme customer during the week, with getting UltimateGallery to work. After many hours of fixing the thumbnail issues we gave-up, as it was clear the PHP code in the stack was non-compatible with what the web server was using. We managed to accomplish something better with the ProGallery stack (which incidentally is getting an impressive free update and new features shortly). I’d also recommend the PhotoStream and GalleryStack that @instacks has linked to above - both of those are actively developed and work as advertised. And WeaverPix by @barchard is an exceptional RapidWeaver addon for creating any type of modern image gallery too. Other image gallery stacks can be found here on Stack Central.

Also of note, Google is closing down its Picasa photo sharing service on 1st May 2016:
http://googlephotos.blogspot.co.uk/
This will mean that the Picasa functionality inside UltimateGallery will be even more broken and you might need to setup your image galleries again with another stack or image service before 1st May. This may have some effect on other RapidWeaver addons that make use of Picasa too.

4 Likes

@willwood
Thanks for the explanation. I finally managed to get it installed. However I think I will not using it and look after the alternatives. In general I was looking for a solution not to have to copy all pics to the website, so i thought that the flickr stack could be one. I looked after a solution with onedrive where I have all my pics backed up, tried to embed the site but wasn’t happy with that.