Unable to Publish After Upgrading to 7.4

@Davy, you can just go here and download the previous working version then you’ll be back to normal:
https://kb.realmacsoftware.com/section/4-release-notes

Thanks but ‘normal’ has disappeared over the horizon it seems. I’ve reverted to 7.3.3 and also rebooted my mac. Now I can’t event get a test connection to my server to work. I wonder if it’s worth going back to an even earlier version or just manually publish pending some sort of help from the RW people… Or maybe I’ll just forget the whole thing and enjoy the sunshine.

Try this: If you have a blog, right click on the blog page and select ‘Mark as Unchanged’ and then try publishing (assuming you’re back to 7.3.3).

Does this help?

Probably a better idea to push the update on a Monday instead of a Friday (that’s when I got the notice). This way, they are around for the bumps.

Thanks. I have tried republishing a slightly modded page in 7.3.3 with no success. Is there any significant reason for using the blog - will this behave differently? Agree on the timings but also think it’s obviously a flaky update; not good at all.

I have not had any publishing issues until this release, now I am getting the same as the original post. I must force quit RW in order to get out of it.

1 Like

Ditto.
In case it’s of any help to anyone afflicted by this fiasco: I have found that by deleting my installation of 7.4, emptying the trash and rebooting. Then reinstalling 7.3.3 there has been a partial return of publishing ability.

I had the same issue after updating to v7.4 yesterday. RW kept crashing when I tried to publish my site. I rolled back to v7.3.3. and everything is back to normal.

For those with publishing problems, we need the following things:

1. A screenshot of the error shown when you press “i” in the publishing window
  2. A screenshot of your publishing settings

I’m fairly certain we’ve asked for these in another thread, and only had a couple of responses so far.

If you find that you can’t publish in an older version of RapidWeaver then I’d suspect that your issue is either with the settings you’ve entered or with your host. In this case, if you contact support@realmacsoftware.com they’ll be happy to help, and will forward more complicated issues onto us.

1 Like

I’ve had some publishing issues lately with both 7.4 and before that with 7.3.3. In 7.3.3 my uploads were getting ‘stuck’ on certain files (not even very big ones) and I’d have to Force Quit RW to get out of it.

Having sent Realmac several error logs they suggested I change the mode.

Before now I have been using Extended Passive for years without issues. With my 7.3.3 problems I changed to Passive and that seemed to work until I upgraded to RW 7.4. Now what it seems to require, for me at least is Active mode which is currently working OK. I have no idea why or what the differences are between the various modes - but worth a try before jumping back a version.

1 Like

Hey @simon - Is this what you’re looking for (I removed the info from the publishing settings and I’m using Chilidog for hosting)

Thx.

Have you tried Extended Passive. Works great for me with Chilldog. I have connections speed set to 6. The key is the extended passive.

In addition I don’t believe you need that forward slash before public-html in the path box.

4 Likes

@Mathew Thank you for suggesting that, changing it to Extended Passive fixed it for me as well - I use GoDaddy.

want to double check what @Mathew and @PVigil are suggesting:

• You were not able to publish with 7.4 until you changed the publishing settings to extended.
    OR
  • You find it better to publish extended
    OR
  • You were not able to publish on 7.3.3 and 7.4 until you changed to extended

Please clarify this so it helps the others who may not be able to publish with one or the other versions.

Thanks!!!

Okay, so @simon and @tpbradley have been looking into the publihsing issues today and we think we may have spotted the issue effecting some hosts.

Here’s a beta of RapidWeaver 7.4.1 with the publishing changes, fingers crossed this will fix your publishing issues, especially if you’re using GoDaddy!

Download RW 7.4.1 Beta:
https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/18679b/1494867795/RapidWeaver-18679b.zip

If you still have issues, please remember to post back the following:

A screenshot of the error shown when you press “i” in the publishing window
A screenshot of your publishing settings

Happy Weaving!

1 Like

@wphall No problem…to clarify:

I was not able to publish with 7.4 until I changed the publishing settings to ‘extended passive’. Now, I’m back up and running like normal.

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks @PVigil - This is probably helpful to many.

Thanks again!

Glad it helped! Extended passive seems to be a great setting in a lot of cases.

I have had similar issues as @wphall above. Changing to Extended Passive fails completely (as I do not believe my server supports this).

It worked fine publishing to my “server in the lounge room by the aquarium” over SFTP.

It would say it published the files then hang up at the end with callback errors. The application was active but the display modal and the “cancel publishing” button inactive. So force quit…

Have rolled back to 7.3.n which works fine. Not GoDaddy by the way and also the first time I have ever had issues publishing. Might have another go later.

cheers

Okay guys, here’s a brand new build with some new fixes that should hopefully solve some peoples publishing issues.

Thanks
Dan

1 Like