UNABLE TO UPLOAD is what it says

I don’t blame you. After the torrid last 2 and a half weeks I’ve had with Siteground I may well be joining you. Its a real shame as they were excellent when I first joined them in 2017. Now they have removed the control panel and spread the contents across multiple pages in something called Site Tools, introduced Dynamic Caching which causes me problems every time I publish a change and their standard of support has declined somewhat, evidenced by the fact that several members of the off shore team couldn’t tell me the correct path name for the new publishing settings after the switch from Control Panel to Site Tools.

Well, here’s the thing. My other two sites are rapid weaver based and are fine with siteground. Filezilla and Cyberduck have zero problems with siteground. It’s just my one RW site, which sadly is the one I make money on. It’s my photography business. And there is still no resolution. I can’t even export it to my own hard drive. And none of the RapidWeaver experts can figure it out.

So… I’m stuck at nothing.

Mark.

Now I’ve just flushed the cache and permanently disabled Dynamic Caching on one of my clients sites so they can get into their Admin screens, I’ve got some time today.

Happy to have a look if you want to make a copy of your project, or maybe one or two pages of it, remove your publishing details if you want, zip it up and add it to a Dropbox folder and share with my email martwaring@gmail.com or just email it as a zipped attachment. I will try publishing whatever you send me to my Sandbox domain which I use for testing and see how far I get.

Best Wishes

Martin

If you can’t publish to a local folder, then it has nothing to do with Siteground or any hosting company. There is something wrong with the project file.

Changing hosting companies won’t help you at all. You will need to figure out what is preventing the local publishing from working. Unfortunately, there is no magic wand to find the issue, but just a process of elimination.

You’re very kind. I might take you up on that. Thank you so much

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.