Upgrading from OS X and RW 4.4.2

I’m about to upgrade my Mac Pro from Snow Leopard (10.6.8) to El Capitan (10.11). I have Rapid Weaver 4.4.2. installed for my website. What is my best course of action to make the change smoothly? Should I get the newest version of RW or an older one? Will the old RW even open after El Capitan is installed? Thanks for any advice!

I might upgrade your RW version before you do an OS upgrade. At least get to RW 5.4.1 or RW 6 maybe (you can just use demo versions as upgrades). There are some instructions here:
https://help.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver-7/upgrading-from-rapidweaver-5-or-6

1 Like

Thanks, Jason. It looks like I would first have to upgrade to Yosemite to get RW 5.4.1. Then upgrade to El Capitan in order to get RW7. Does that make sense?

Having not done it myself, I don’t want to definitively say for sure. Maybe @LaPan or @simon could chime in?

Like Jason suggested, I would upgrade RapidWeaver to the highest version within the OSX level first, open your files and save AND THEN upgrade to the next highest OSX version that’s required by your choice of RapidWeaver version, etc.

Here’s the minimum requirements for each version:

• RapidWeaver 7.5.2 requires OS X 10.11 or newer.
  • RapidWeaver 6.4 requires OS X 10.9 “Mavericks” or newer.
  • RapidWeaver 5.4.1 requires OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard” or newer.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.