What are "tags", what do they look like and where do they go?

First of all, I am a complete RapidWeaver novice. Come to think of it, I’m pretty much of a novice at any sort of web/code/html stuff. After much head scratching, using the Allegro theme, I did assemble a reasonable website for my artist wife, who wants to make sure that I have included all appropriate 'tags" before it gets uploaded. I don’t have a clue as to where to put tags, or what form they should take. If someone out there can offer some suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Jim

Well, that depends on what we are talking about. In general, tags are the “commands” of the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) used by web developers to build websites. These tags are automatically created by RapidWeaver, so you don’t have to care much about them.

In the context of blogging, however, the term refers to keywords which are assigned to individual blog posts in order to group them into topics, similar to categories.

I wonder if she means meta tag ‘keywords’ rather than the tags RW uses in its blog posts. In which case I’d recommend you have a read of this

http://www.willwoodgate.com/index_files/ten-steps-towards-improving-rapidweaver-seo.html

That’s possible. Or she means meta tags in general. But afaik, today’s search engines don’t look into the meta tag ‘keywords’ anymore, whereas the meta tag ‘description’ is still important. @MGGuy: Meta tags are special code lines in your document (invisible to the user) which contain information for browsers and search engines. You can add and edit them in RapidWeaver in the Project SettingsCode section.