When will Rapidweaver 7 stop publishing every file when I change one tiny thing?

Poster :slight_smile: blah blah blah

I donā€™t have 400+ images, maybe 100, the rest of the files are php and moreā€¦

Itā€™s Poster Stack by @instacks and I donā€™t have archives turned on. I donā€™t want dates associated with my posts, and I decided to use only tags, not categories.

The included blog plugin is going to behave totally different than something like poster stack or armadillo will.

1 Like

Yes, of course, Doug. Armadillo is a totally different animal, as it does not live in your RW file. My point isā€¦ warehousing is not uploading my images as they would be by drag and drop/resourcing, and Poster is great as itā€™s compact and light on the republishing. Itā€™s been quite some time since Iā€™ve used the RW blog.

I understand what you are saying @LSPhoto, but this was not the point of my post. My point and @teefers point is that there is that something isnā€™t working properly with RW built-in blog as it uploads tons of files for every changeā€¦ This forum is littered with comments about this, there is definitely something not working properly with RWā€™s core functionality, which is what I am using.

1 Like

OK. @wvillers are you warehousing? Never heard back on that one.

No warehousing, read my previous posts: out of the 400+ files uploaded after a mere change, only 5% might be imagesā€¦

1 Like

ok. gotcha. Maybe try Poster instead?

Poster looks really nice, I see why you would recommend itā€¦ Iā€™m concerned over redoing 6 years of news/blog posts and spend $50 thoughā€¦

1 Like

I love it for the control of a stack. I can see how it would be time consuming to do this. I myself am redoing what I have with new imagesā€¦ but the priceā€¦ worth it to me.

Ohā€¦ you havenā€™t found the little ā€œconvertā€ button yet? ā€¦ just kidding :slight_smile: I recently converted my 600+ page blog using the macro program ā€œKeyboard Maestroā€ - I automated the copying and pasting of all into from the blog page to a stacks ā€œtemplateā€ page." It actually went pretty quickly once I got my macroā€™s setup and working.

1 Like

:laughing: Iā€™ll give it a shotā€¦ The blog looks much better with this Poster thing, Iā€™ll check Maestro to see if it makes it less painfulā€¦ Or we just might get an intern :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jannis, the developer at @instacks is a regular here and a lot of us are using it, so feel free to post questions :slight_smile:

oh, and make sure you use warehousing.

1 Like

A warningā€¦ If you not used to setting up macroā€™s it can be rough to learn on something as tedious as this. But it would certainly train you very well on how to use macroā€™s to automate some takes. I use KM for many ā€œevery dayā€ repetitive tasks.

What do you mean by warehousing images? Thanks.

Warehousing is when you host your image on your server (or another host) and point to it via full url (path) in RW. Usually you ftp your image up to an ā€œimagesā€ folder or similar. This is done instead of dropping the image into RW. This keeps project files smaller as the image is not in the project but on the server. You can also ā€œcallā€ the same image over and over from many pages.

2 Likes

Thanks! Not sure I know how to do that - set up an images folder on my hosting site (not computer) and then instead of the photo being dropped into RW, I type in the path pointing to the folder, then the image name?
/imagesfolder/pictureofdog
letā€™s say? Iā€™ll have to look up how to do that.
Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Check out this free ebook, itā€™s a step by step guide:

3 Likes

Iā€™m noticing this republish all files issue a lot. RW 7.5.2. Make a small change, all files publish. Itā€™s not a new problem, but it is annoying.