Problem with RW 7.32

Hey all,

I noticed a bug with the latest 7.32 from today. When I publish a page, all the theme files get republished, although, they are already on the server and nothing has changed in the theme.

Cheers,

Stevie

@simon @LaPan I can confirm this. On pages where I make a tweak and I would normall upload 7 or 9 files yesterday … those same pages today with 7.3.2 … with similar tweaks upload 267 files. It doesn’t take long per se, but it obviously takes a lot longer than before. I may need to downgrade until this is sorted.

1 Like

Can you try letting the big publish finish, and then see whether this happens on the publish afterwards?

You mean doing a “Re-publish all files” and then triggering a small publish?
Already did that, same result.

Yes, it does the same thing in a subsequent publish. Will be providing sample project file soon.

Project file now submitted to support.

2 Likes

Same for me … just upgraded to 7.3.2 and a small tweak to a page that would have been a 7 or 8 file publish is now 369 files. Does this repeatedly, not just the first time you change a page. It’s republishing RESOURCES and other files not related to the pages that were changed.

@simon has a project file now and will be looking into it.

1 Like

I have the same problem - it would upload minor text changes in a page quickly with 7.3.1. Now with 7.3.2, it uploads repeatedly the whole kaboodle, resources, including a video already at the server, even though only 1 page was blue dotted. Note to self: do not install updates until debugged -:slight_smile:

For mea small change to 1 setting in one stack (no new files were added) and almost 400 files are uploaded every time

Same problem, small text change results in approximately 200 files being uploaded. This seems to an recurring problem that has not been resolved.

Thanks all. We’ve found the cause, and it’ll be fixed in the next release.

3 Likes

Great to hear! Many thanks.

Glad to hear you’ve got a hand on the problem!
Good news for sure.
Many thanks!

John

Thank you Simon, I hope that’s kind of soon. I was thrilled with versions 7 until 7.3.2 appeared. Previous verisons of 7 only published what had changed. I made a few changes today in two pages, without changes to side bars, or menus, and it’s been uploading 269 pages for the last 45 minutes.

I just downgraded to 7.3.1 - I can’t work with a constant upload of every file.

Sorry I’m late to this party but as I’m suffering the same issue, I’m also hoping for a prompt release. Please, @simon ?

There’s no need to “suffer”. Once you find out that version does not work for you then you can easily go back to the previous version (any previous version) here: https://kb.realmacsoftware.com/section/4-release-notes

2 Likes

No prompt release please. Let’s test it this time. A prompt release to fix another problem with blog images created this much larger problem.

Just follow @Mathew link and drop back to an older version.

Realmac please go back to beta testing each release.

3 Likes

This one is pretty glaring, basic & intrusive:
Getting a 2000 file upload (in my case) for correcting even a typo.

I dialed it back to prev rev - nice that its direct & simple to do.