Who’s going to be upgrading to Rapidweaver Classic?

There are A LOT of apps out there that build websites, way more than 3. Customers can choose the one that works best for them. It really is simple.

Right now that is RW+Stacks, and they can continue to use this combo for many, many years to come.

We have no control over what YourHead does, in an ideal world they’d have built Stacks for RW9, but they chose not to. We’re doing the best we can.

RapidWeaver Classic (+ Stacks) is a solid choice for the foreseeable future. It’s here to stay.
RapidWeaver Elements is our take on modern drag-and-drop web design, it’s our chance to try something new.

No, and we’d say the same to you. Please stop trying to drum up drama where there isn’t any.

1 Like

I don’t quite follow. Does this mean that you have a license for Stacks to be able to promise that Stacks will run many many years to come?

RWC+Stacks work great in Ventura so customers can be assured that their favourite web design software will work for many, many years.

And as far as we’re aware @isaiah at YourHead has no plans to abandon his customers that use the Stacks plugin.

So I can only imagine they’ll be plenty of Stacks plugin updates to come…

Who knows, we may even see Stacks 5 for RW Classic!

There is no problem with that. The problem is that RapidWeaver Classic is no different from a regular update. I can’t say the same for Element, for example, it seems like it offers an innovation, of course, it wouldn’t be right to say something without seeing it.

I’m going to sign off from this topic. It has been most enlightening and has clarified a few things for me.

Wish you all the best with Classic and Elements.

Just a note: As an evaluator, I would like to point out that this is offensive language.

I leave this topic. I wish you all the best.

Glad we got that all sorted out.

ron-swanson-happy-dance

1 Like

If you have a time limit, that only paying more money will unlock, that is a subscription. I’ll be moving to Blocks instead. RW has cause so many headaches over the years…

i updated yesterday, smooth transition. got me to tweak a few things on both sites i manage… my themes are fine, and i added a pop-up badge (nice) to my site. will explore it more over the next few weeks…

1 Like

There’s no time limit. You can use RW forever. You only pay for the Updates you want.

And we’re sorry to hear you’re moving away, we hope you’ll reconsider coming back to RW in the future.

1 Like

Great stuff, lots more goodies to come!

Yes, I had to pay $69 to “update” to version 8 in October of 2020. Now I have to pay for all updates from now on? No, sorry, having to pay for updates is a type of subscription. Word salad your way around it, it’s a subscription. Now, glad we got that out of the way.

2 Likes

No. You’re just plain wrong.

A Subscription means that when you stop paying, you can no longer use the software, full stop.

RM’s new model is known as “Maintenance”. You can carry on using the software forever - you just don’t get updates when your year expires. There are many, many software houses that utilise this model (and it’s pretty much the norm in a Corporate environment).

Nobody seems to have a problem with Vibralogix using the exact same model with Sitelok… :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Vibralogix - a different case altogether. Inexpensive to renew the support contract and outstanding and personal support even during the holidays. I happily renew annually for the support and bespoke solutions Adrian provides.

You upgrade to RapidWeaver 8 in 2018 (probably) for $49 and we’ve pushed out free updates for the past 4 years, even made it work on different hardware (Apple Silicon), and continued to offer email and forum support. All for just $49.

So you’re saying an additional $39 for RWC is not good value compared to Vibralogix (who charge per domain) :rofl::rofl:

Edit: We love VibraLogix btw. We’re not knocking them, it’s well worth the money (just like RWC is well worth $49).

No Gary, it’s a different company, using an identical Maintenance model.

You might like Adrian more, but that’s a personal thing.

I agree that Adrian’s support is exceptional, but that does not detract from my point, above.

The expectation that any business should just sell a piece of software and provide updates forever is mind-boggling, frankly, not to mention the folk who clearly have no idea what a Subscription actually is.

2 Likes

We all have our opinions as to what represents a good investment in time and money and the return from that investment. I see we’re not going to agree here, so I’ll leave it there.

1 Like

I’d say spending $49 on a RapidWeaver upgrade four years ago was a good investment, wouldn’t you? :wink:

5 Likes

You’re obsessed with this “3 Apps” thing it’s quite funny.

Take a few deep breaths and relax.

We get it, you’re not upgrading.

1 Like