Why does RW have to upload so many files for each minor change

(Pip) #1

I’ve published my site and over 500 files were ftp’d to the server.

That’s fine, but why does it have to keep uploading hundreds of files each time I make minor changes. I understand some changes might necessitate that, but it seems to happen VERY regularly, and at the office I’m on a slow broadband connection so it take 5 minutes each time I publish.

Another example would be making one minor change to a Formlooms 3 page. Say I change the email address for example, it then upload 154 files when I hit publish, and I have to sit there for several minutes twiddling my thumbs.

Any help and advice much appreciated.

(Nik Fletcher) #2

We’re looking into this. Do you have a blog page on your site?

—Nik

(Pip) #3

Hi Nik. Yes, I have a blog, but this definitely happens even when I am doing nothing with the blog.

(Nik Fletcher) #4

Thanks: could you send a copy of your .rw6 project file to us? support@realmacsoftware.com - we’ll take a look as part of our work on RW 6.3.6.

Thanks!

—Nik

(Pip) #5

Sure thing. I’ll get that over to you now Nik.

(Rob Beattie) #6

I just added a new blog entry, the only change to this project. It’s currently trying to publish 836 files. 8-(

(Nik Fletcher) #7

We’ve got a fix for the next 6.3.6 beta.

(Pip) #8

That’s great to hear Nik. At the moment I seem to be spending 20 minutes of every hour waiting for several hundred files to upload.

It seems particularly bad with Formloom. Every time I tweak a form - even a very minor change - it is uploading over 150 files.

Looking forward to the new version :smile:

(Rob Beattie) #9

Thanks Nik. I’ll steer clear of the beta but it’s good know it’s being fixed.

Rob

(Nik Fletcher) #10

Full details here:

http://forums.realmacsoftware.com/t/rapidweaver-6-3-6-beta/4032?u=nikf

@robbeattie Appreciate that betas can make folks wary - however I would point out that you can run multiple RW builds on your Mac (even between 6.3.4 and 6.3.5), so long as only one is open at a time. Would appreciate confirmation that things are fixed for everyone who’s experienced this issue so we can definitively call it fixed.

Thanks!

—Nik

(Jayne) #11

Thats great that the new update will fix it.
I’m using Rapidweaver 5.3.2 and I have the same issue.
I am hesitant to upgrade my operating system to Mavericks, so I’m stuck with Rapidweaver 5 until I upgrade.