I’m immensely happy to announce the official launch of Armadillo v2.0!
If you’re brand new to RapidWeaver, and want to edit your website remotely, from any device - even when you don’t have access to RapidWeaver itself - Armadillo is the perfect tool for the job. Seasoned RW pros will find Armadillo an indispensable part of of their workflow, especially when creating sites for clients who need to edit their own content.
Much more than I can list in this post! Here’s a quick rundown:
- Solo Content - you can display it anywhere on your RapidWeaver site, and even have multiple Solo Content stacks on the same page
- Auto-creation of Solo Content - As of v2.1.0 you can now have Armadillo create Solo Content for you automatically
- Inline Editing - when using Solo Content, you can directly edit it on the live user-facing website, when you’re logged into the Armadillo dashboard
- Completely redesigned, fully responsive interface
- A beautiful new split-view Markdown editor
- Internal Links - easily reference other content you’ve created in Armadillo
- Sortable & Searchable Content Lists - perfect when you have a lot of content
- Meta Tag Templates - Click a button, select the one you want, and Armadillo will insert it for you, ready for editing
There is much more apart from this, like automatic lighboxing of linked images, enabled content modes, content author editing, and, of course, many outstanding bugs have been squashed as well.
Before Upgrading: http://docs.nimblehost.com/armadillo#upgrading-from-v1x-to-v20-4076
The Upgrade Process: http://docs.nimblehost.com/armadillo#upgrading-from-v1x-to-v20-4077
Using Solo Content: http://docs.nimblehost.com/armadillo#using-armadillo-4078
- Version 2.0 is a paid upgrade. Anyone who purchased on July 1st, 2015 or later is entitled to a free copy of this version. Please contact us for assistance if you purchased Armadillo on or after July 1st, 2015.
- Current owners of v1.7.5 or earlier are entitled to a 50% discount on v2.0, and an email with more details will be sent to you directly within the next day. Please contact us directly if you have questions about this process.
- If you are upgrading from v1.0 be sure to read this Upgrade Guide first, before proceeding with the upgrade.
Please email bug reports so we can keep track of them, and address them as quickly as possible. There always seem to be a few minor issues that make it through extensive beta testing, and we’d like to fix them as soon as possible when they occur!
Thank you for your continued support!