Best CMS system?

cms

(Bob Afifi) #41

As far as I know, none of the commercial CMS stacks can. It’s a big misconception that buying one of these stacks will suddenly transform RapidWeaver into a true CMS like WordPress, Drupal, Concrete 5 et al. They don’t. What they allow (through the use of short codes and .htaccess rewrites) is to make it possible to edit regions on existing RapidWeaver pages.

Once I realized that what all these commercial CMS stacks were functionally doing was the same thing that could already be done for free just using simple includes (<?php require ‘…/includes/example.php’ ; ?> ) the novelty quickly wore off.

(Joe Workman) #42

Total CMS is so much more than a simple include. Especially with things like Galleries, Feeds and Blogs.

However, you are somewhat correct and its how Total CMS got its origins. But that was 3 years ago. It exited that simple solution very quickly.

(Bob Afifi) #43

Hi Joe,
Using WordPress’ MySQL as the back end and GUI as the front end with simple include calls in RapidWeaver, I’m able to do galleries etc. no problem.

(Joe Workman) #44

Yes. There is more than one way to skin a cat. I simply felt that you were overgeneralizing just a tad. Its great that you know how to do this. However, 99.9% of users have no clue what you are talking about.

I hate Wordpress with a passion. Its bloated, slow and a maintenance nightmare IMHO. I totally get that not everyone feels the same as I do.

MySQL is also hard for the average user. This is why Total CMS does not use it.

(Bob Afifi) #45

I get that Joe, and as I have stated, WordPress is not required for includes to work - go direct to MySQL or just use flat files.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

As an aside, I’ve known this phrase (it seems!) for my whole life but not what it meant until just a few months ago when I happened to be watching a cooking show from North Carolina and the chef was preparing catfish!

(Michael Frankland) #46

Yes Justin it’s possible with Pulse already. Check the free online trial:
https://pulsecms.com/freetrial.php

But as @instacks mentions, that’s coming soon in the Stacks integration so get on the news list and look out for that soon :wink:

(system) #47

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.