New Guide Coming Soon for the Fluid Stack by Weavium! 🥳

If you haven’t heard about our brand new Fluid stack, then you’re missing out! : )

It’s still on sale now for over 35% off with the following discount:

fluid_initial_release

You can learn more here: https://www.weavium.com/stacks/fluid

Fluid is an extremely powerful new build tool with states, triggers, and transforms that allow you to create pretty much anything you can imagine in RapidWeaver. Menus, Sidebars, Scroll Animations, Animated Content Sections, Light/Dark Modes, you name it!

But as we all know, with great power comes great responsibility… or in Fluid’s case, a bit of a learning curve.

Though Fluid really isn’t difficult to understand in terms of creating states and transforms; creating specific layouts might be a challenge for someone who doesn’t have experience.

This is why we have decided to make a Fluid Guide, that will be filled with a bunch of nicely organized and well-explained tutorials. : )

Hopefully we can get some videos added and everything!

Fluid Guides is still in development and is NOT released yet, but hopefully soon.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up ~

Here is a small screenshot of what I’m working on:

10 Likes

I strongly encourage you to first take the time to make at least one tutorial video that clearly demonstrates how Fluid works.

However, don’t stop making clear written instructions as well, but if a picture is worth 1000 words, a moving picture might be worth 10,000 words. Take advantage of that.

Right now Fluid is very confusing, and judging by the name, things should be smooth.

To me, Fluid is not worth the $50 value you’ve placed on it, though it might be if I had a clear understanding of how it works, or knew upfront just how steep is the learning curve.

I know the price drops to $30 with the introductory promotion, but it’s not worth $30 either–simply because it’s not clearly understandable how it works.

I am real hesitant to jump into something new, especially something I have to pay for–unless I can first get a sense of how something works and how it’s going to make my life better.

I can easily make $100/hour as a web developer, but buying Fluid for $30 will require me to then spend (at least) another 10 hours just trying to figure out how it works, then my actual cost just to explore the possibility of adopting Fluid into my workflow is $1030.

Even if I pay the full price for Fluid, my exploratory cost is still $1050, which is a marginal difference between the two costs.

However, if you create tutorial videos that I can first watch, and you show me how it works, you might sway me because you can directly impact my exploratory costs with just a 5-minute video.

Please don’t misunderstand me. You do great work, beautiful work. I’ve bought many of your stacks. I want you to succeed, and I want to know what else you have up your sleeve. I look forward to whatever you come up with next.

Let me give you a real world example of how important it is when a RW developer explains how things work.

The new theme Aspen was released by @nickcates just after you released Fluid. Aspen is priced at $80 but there’s a 50% off introductory price, which makes it $40–$10 more than Fluid.

One of the things I most love about Nick’s work, besides his awesome design skills, he always creates video tutorials to explain how things work on his themes and stacks. Even if there’s something I still don’t quite get, he’s just an email away, and he always responds.

All his tutorials and tutorial videos are easily found at NickCatesDesign.com.

At the same time his tutorial videos are also on his Vimeo channel at https://vimeo.com/nickcatesdesign. I’m actually subscribed to his channel to make it even easier to always find his tutorials.

I got notices last week I guess as he was uploading new Aspen tutorial videos–in advance of the actual Aspen launch. His videos are usually just a minute or two so I’d go look at them as he uploaded them. It was great.

I decided to buy Aspen just from watching his tutorials–before he actually launched Aspen, and I didn’t even know what the price was going to be.

I had a clear understanding of how it worked as well as figuring out which future projects where I could use Aspen.

9 Likes

@weavium I totally agree with @davidfreels - Fluid is an excellent product but is not intuitive as many other stacks. Although I’ve got your example with many pages on its use, the best I’ve done so far with it is copy your designs and modify them with my own text and graphics. I would suggest some very short and simple videos that are much less complicated than your examples so that the simple principles are explained.
Regards Ken

4 Likes

Thanks Dave!!

1 Like

Hi David,

Thank you very much for the input. I personally think all of Nick’s themes are very well designed and I agree that having video tutorials is a great way to go. I see a future of video tutorials and much more concise tutorials from Weavium coming soon.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Glad to hear it. Please start with Fluid and please post by May 12th or 13th.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that while we are working on the guides for Fluid, we have worked up a basic example file that is now included with the Fluid Download. It comes with a few different examples showing how to create some useful layouts and transforms such as:

• Hidden Text Reveal (A container with a box that slide out to reveal content underneath)

• Color Swap (Changing background / text colors on toggle)

• Section Sidebar (Basic toggleable sidebar)

• Expandable Card (Showing to create a card with an expandable details section)

• Fixed Modal Popup (A modal that transforms in and out with a toggle)

These are just a few examples for now. There will be many more basic examples included in the future. And we will be uploaded full tutorials for everything in the guides later on. Also, Video tutorials will be coming soon.

Also, version 1.0.1 has been released with the change of some defaults, and basic speed improvements.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Skyler,

Fluid picked up a pretty good review from RapidWeaverNinja, but they also confirm the learning curve is steep.

https://rapidweaver.ninja/news/?post_id=465&title=fluid-for-rapidweaver

Skyler,

I’m also really, really disappointed that you still haven’t produced any tutorial videos for Fluid. I was looking forward to learning something new and using something new. Hopefully you can produce some video tutorials in time for a Black Friday sale.

No need to worry, I’m working on both written and video tutorials already. I’ve been busy with tech-support and stack development recently, but the first video tutorial should be uploaded to Youtube by the end of the day. It’s a basic tutorial on how to create a light/dark mode section. It also goes into detail talking about States, Transforms, and Triggers. It’s my first video tutorial so be generous :sweat_smile:

I know it doesn’t seem like it always, but a whole lot of work and thought goes into the development and design of stacks. I know for myself and for otehr developers it can be overwhelming to keep up with the demand of wanting to make cool new products, and to provide customers with what they want, but I think we are all doing our best.

The video is buffering as we speak. I’ll let everyone know when the upload is complete. Later, as the number of tutorials increase, I will get everything organized into a nice setup. I truly believe that once everyone get’s the basic concept of Fluid and grasps the hang of it, you’ll see that it’s quite simple and extremely powerful. : )

3 Likes

Hi all,

Here is a link to the first video tutorial on Fluid. It teaches how to make a very basic Dark / Light Mode interface and explains some of the basic concepts. Here is the link to the video:

Let me know if there are any troubles~ Cheers!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.