Plugin incompatibilities v5 vs v6

(Bob Robinson) #1

Several of my plugins from RW 5 didn’t transfer over to RW6: FormLoom, symFlowPlayer Plugin RW, Stacks, FaqMaker RW, symNivo Plugin. Videos went away, etc.Ideas?

(Mark Sealey) #2

Bob,

The upgrade process seems a little daunting before you embark on it; but stick with it - have you followed the instructions here? What happened? Can you Reveal AddOns in Finder?

It’s possible that you didn’t have RW6-compatible versions:

FormLoom 3 for RW6 is here.
Today Stacks 3 was launched.
FAQMaker is here.

Try updating them first in RW5. Good luck!

(Bob Robinson) #3

Thanks, Mark.

I was able to upgrade the existing plugins except the symFlow.rwplugin and symNivo.rwplugin, both of which are no longer supported and certainly not upgraded to RW6. That’s a problem for me because my site is mostly video, in .flv clips. I’ve searched for a replacement player that does .flv but not found one. What I’d like to do is convert the .flvs to mp4s and go to YouTube clips. Is there a tutorial or a YouTube plugin that would make that task simpler?

Thanks. I’d really like to take advantage of the improved RW, but would rather not have to start from scratch.

Bob

(Mark Sealey) #4

Bob,

I know just what you’re saying about no-longer-supported.

I have six sites to maintain and frankly I put off moving from RW5 to 6 for that reason… I was reluctant to face conversion.

But when I started, I found it was an excellent opportunity to move content in all the old no-longer-supported plugins into Stacks; they’re all all the better for it!

Conversion from .flv to .mp4 is easy. There are many apps that will do it.

Try this or this. Or such a Google search as ‘mac convert flash to mp4’ for routines/docs that will walk you through it.

No, don’t start from scratch - I couldn’t find a single plugin for which there is now no equivalent or better Stack!