Problems when upgrading following clean install of OS

I had to have a new hard rive in my iMac and upgraded the OS at the same time. I was using RW 6 but that did not seem to want to work in Mojave so I upgraded to RW 8.6.2. I thought that I had got all of the stacks and stacks plug ins and the them (Qube) correctly installed but there is a problem with the Fancy Image Gallery from Joe Workman. it shows as ‘legacy’ and although I have reinstalled what I assume to be the latest version (2.1) - and have paid twice as the version that I had was up to date I have this problem.

In edit mode I can see everything and access everything but on switching to Preview the gallery area is blank and unresponsive. This is true of every page using the Fancy Image Gallery Stack.

I have tried contacting Joe Workman but no response as yet. I’m assuming that I have put something in the wrong place or similar. Can anyone help or advise? If there are any expert UK RW users in the Kent/East Sussex area who might be able to help then I would love to hear from you.

Thank you

Bruce Hemming

Let’s try tagging him here. @joeworkman. He’ll get notified and is good about responding.

To be fair, you sent an email about an hour ago. :slight_smile:

Your stack is set to Legacy because it’s using an old version on the page. You will need to add a new version to the page and reimplement it.

If that does not fix the issue, please make sure to give us a URL where we can look at the problem. That will make it much easier for us to help you.

Dear Joe

I sent an email on the 29th August to support@yourhead.com but perhaps that went astray. I asked you for info on the latest version of the Fancy Image Gallery plugin. I downloaded what I assumed was the latest version of the plug in (see your order 1234668653) today but that produced the same effect. I don’t want to publish with a version that is not working correctly as then I will have no website presence at all.

Regards

Bruce

I don’t run YourHead. I see that you sent me an email this morning to Weaver’s Space.

You can use my order lookup tool on my support page to re-download any purchases. You can also search my FAQs on that page for a tutorial on how to update your stacks automatically through the Stacks plugin.

What version of Stacks do you have installed?

If you duplicate the page in the project Bruce, and change the folder name to something like /test
You can then publish that single page by right clicking on it in the page list and we can have a look to see if we can spot what’s gone wrong without it affecting the existing live page that visitors will see.

Sorry, getting this sorted (along with having to reinstall everything else) is proving very stressful. I have v4 Stacks. - and I did update it through the Stacks plug in. The Offsite light plug in has installed correctly but the Fancy image Gallery when I double click on it from my Downloads does not show in the Plug ins folder.

My fav way to install is to drag and drop the rwaddons package onto the RW icon on the dock. Then restart RapidWeaver.

That doesn’t seem to do anything and once restarted it is exactly the same problem as before

just realised that the addons package was an alias so re downloaded again, dragged the add-on pkg to the dock icon, installed (told me that I was installing an older version) and relaunched - exactly the same result.

If I use reveal in finder on the Image Gallery stack while in RW it takes me to the Stacks folder in the Add Ons folder in the Application Support in the Library. However a FancyImagegallery.rapidweaverplugin does not show in the Add Ons folder. I reinstalled the Offsite Light Stack and this shows both as a plug in in the AddOns folder and a Stack in the Stacks folder in Add Ons. Is this the problem? It must be surely. I have no idea now what to do.

[quote=“Boswell, post:12, topic:34541, full:true”]
If I use reveal in finder on the Image Gallery stack while in RW it takes me to the Stacks folder in the Add If I use reveal in finder on the Image Gallery stack while in RW it takes me to the Stacks folder in the Add Ons folder in the Application Support in the Library. However a FancyImagegallery.rapidweaverplugin does not show in the Add Ons folder. I reinstalled the Offsite Light Stack and this shows both as a plug in in the AddOns folder and a Stack in the Stacks folder in Add Ons. Is this the problem? It must be surely. I have no idea now what to do.

Can anyone help?

1. Launch RapidWeaver
  2. Choose Reveal Addons Folder from the View menu
    This will open a window in the Finder showing the current add-ons folder.
  3. Quit RapidWeaver
  4. Drag add-ons into the add-ons folder:
    • plug-ins (like Stacks.rapidweaverplugin and FancyImageGallery.rapidweaverplugin) into this folder.
    • Drag stacks (like the ImageGallery.stack) into the Stacks folder
    • Drag themes into the themes folder
    • Move any add-ons that are in the wrong place to where they belong
    • Move any duplicate copies of add-ons to the trash

The next time you launch RW the plugins you dragged in should be installed.

If, for some reason, they are not installed we have to dig a bit deeper. A couple of common problems:

• the plugins themselves are too old, corrupted, or for some other reason nonfunctional. Solution: redownload them from the developer.
  • You have set RapidWeaver to use a custom add-ons folder location, and that folder no longer exists, or RW has lost permission to that folder. this is a setting in the plugins tab in the preferences. Solution: change the setting to a new folder that does exist or change the setting to Managed by RapidWeaver. in either case you’ll want to run through the steps above again to ensure that all your addons are installed in the new folder location.
2 Likes

Have a look at these videos. I think that they will help you a lot.

Hi Isaiah

I’m replying by email as there does not seem to be a way to add screen shots to the forum and I think they most clearly show my problem.

In the Add Ons folder in Application Support I have this
Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 09.01.46.png

As you can see both the Fancy Image Gallery and the Offsite stack are there but only the Offsite shows up as a RW plug in. I have reinstalled both of those stacks multiple times and the Image Gallery does not appear.

In my downloads folder I have this -
Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 09.02.20.png

I have tried double clicking on the rwaddons and also dragging it to the app icon on the dock. That produces this -
Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 09.03.06.png

In edit mode in RW I see this -

Switching to Preview mode I see this -

The Image Gallery Stack shows in my installed stacks in RW -

If I right click to Show in Finder it takes me to
Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 09.14.38.png

So I just seem to be going round in circles.

Sorry for the long email and multiple screen shots but it is the only way that I can explain what is happening. If you have any ideas I would be very grateful as this is driving me mad.

Regards

Bruce

insta.png

stacks-image-f76f43b-28x28.jpg

stacks-image-f7f3a06-26x26.jpg

AOP logo.jpg

Dear Joe

Thank you for the links but I can’t find anything there that seems to address my problem. I’ve taken these screen shots as I think it is the best way to explain what is happening.

In the Add Ons folder in Application Support I have this
Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 09.01.46.png

As you can see both the Fancy Image Gallery and the Offsite stack are there but only the Offsite shows up as a RW plug in. I have reinstalled both of those stacks multiple times and the Image Gallery does not appear.

In my downloads folder I have this -

Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 09.02.20.png

I have tried double clicking on the rwaddons and also dragging it to the app icon on the dock. That produces this -
Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 09.03.06.png

In edit mode in RW I see this -

Switching to Preview mode I see this - the image gallery does not appear

The Image Gallery Stack shows in my installed stacks in RW -

If I right click to Show in Finder it takes me to

Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 09.14.38.png

So I just seem to be going round in circles.

Sorry for the long email and multiple screen shots but it is the only way that I can explain what is happening. If you have any ideas I would be very grateful as this is driving me mad.

Regards

Bruce

insta.png

AOP logo.jpg

Dear Joe

Further to my last email - I tried a completely new project starting from scratch and the Image Gallery works perfectly in that. It must be that something has been corrupted or is causing an issue when I try and update the project created in RW 6 to RW 8. As nothing seem to be working to cure the problem with that project I guess that my only option is to start again and rebuild the entire site from scratch. Not something that I am looking forward to but there seems to be no alternative.

Regards

insta.png

AOP logo.jpg

Dear Isaiah

Further to my last email - I tried a completely new project starting from scratch and the Image Gallery works perfectly in that. It must be that something has been corrupted or is causing an issue when I try and update the project created in RW 6 to RW 8. As nothing seem to be working to cure the problem with that project I guess that my only option is to start again and rebuild the entire site from scratch. Not something that I am looking forward to but there seems to be no alternative.

Regards

insta.png

AOP logo.jpg

I am glad that you got it working. If you provide some detail about the upgraded project file, maybe we can help.