👍🏻 RapidWeaver 7.1 Release Candidate 1 is go!

With 7.0.4 on Sierra it is simply a disaster. Crashes and crashes and crashes while modifying this or that. Cannot Export local because at a certain point it stalls and remains there sleeping.
I am simply terrified by the idea of trying these betas. Oh My God, what did I do? RW6 worked soooooo smoothly… :cry::rage::sob:

hallo @baburkhan, try rw 7.1 runs smoothly on my machine without any hickups :slight_smile:tomas

Thank you, I have tried 7.1 but unfortunately it is even worse than 704. I cannot export anything, so I can not update my site. It begins the export and after a few second crashes. I have sent God knows how many reports, but nothing happened, so God knows when this story will end

2 Likes

IS PLUSKIT ONCE AGAIN THE CULPRIT of my problems with RW 7.1 (and also 704)? I dumped it and the export proceeds with no problems. But now I have a lot of @import which do not work any more :rage::cry:

Do you have the latest version of Pluskit? You can get it here if you are unsure

The latest version is 3.0.1. If you are not sure what version you have, open RapidWeaver, then hit command and 7 and that opens the Addons Manager, click on Plugins and then search for Pluskit and you should get a window like this:

Then look below the Pluskit plugin and it should tell you the version number you have.

1 Like

Pluskit being a plugin is different. I am not exactly sure how plugins get updated in RW 7.x, but I believe you have to click on the plugin or add it to a site and if there is an update, it should warn you. I could be wrong though.

I have 301, obviously, I checked BEFORE dumping it and posting here. I always check before talking or writing. PLUSKIT 301 did not work with 704 and it does not work with 7.1.
I have downloaded it again (one never knows) — same version, same build (PlusKit_3.0.1_1108) — and tried to use it. No way. IT DOES NOT WORK

I have used RW for 8 years or so. At those times it was vers. 4. Every major upgrade has created problems, but NEVER like this disaster of vers. 7, made even worse by beta 7.1.:disappointed:
I am wasting time and work (which means money) simply to try and modify my Site. IMPOSSIBLE.:angry:
But I have PAID for this terrible upgrade. PAID GOOD MONEY, not bugged.
This is simply shameful for people who call themselves DEVELOPERS
:rage:

1 Like

This is a constant nightmare, it has been going on for too long:

“First, you must open and save your RW 5 project with RW 5.4.1/5.4 (not RW 5.3.2 !!).
Then you can open your project with RW 6.
Otherwise you may loose your content!”

I could go on but resist!

I just tried this because of constant crashes in 7.0.4 in Sierra with exports freezing. So far 7.1 seems OK having tried multiple views to trigger exports.

I have a number of issues at the moment, but am never entirely sure when it is something to do with Rapidweaver, MacOS Sierra, or some other interaction with another piece of software. As an example, I have just discovered that one issue I had was choosing to have my documents folder moved to iCloud during the Sierra install process, completely forgetting Rapidweaver and storing project files locally. They are all on iCloud now…

I am not panicking at the moment, as the exact same scale of interacting issues happened when RW6 was launched at the same time as OSX El Capitan. Things gradually settled down, as more and more software updates came through.

Okay. Deleted all @import and substituted with Houdinis — 3 days’ work —, dumped PlusKit page and PlusKit plugin, and at last I could export my site local and then ftp it to my Web server.
Informed YourHead of the problem, DID NOT receive any acknowledgment (a part the automatic mail saying that my request had been received), and this simply stupefies me, since at YourHead they used to be perfect. God knows… Is really PlusKit dead? Too bad…

Isaiah posted on twitter that he has had a computer system crash.

Not sure what is happening with your issues and Pluskit, but it works perfect for me on both RapidWeaver 7.0.4 and RapidWeaver 7.1. I do not have any complex setups with it, but it does work to import a Share It stack into a Blog page (you can see it here - http://www.zeebedesigns.com/shareit-blog/blog/). I would not call it dead just because you have issues with it. Isaiah is having an issue with his systems, but I am sure they will get to this when they can.

1 Like

Do me a favour Zeebe, read posts before tapping on your keyboard. I am NOT saying that PlusKit does not import. I AM SAYING that it crashes a lot, makes impossible to export sites locally. More over, FindPlus has become FindNothing. Dumped it, deleted all @imports from 1 of my Sites, things seem to be back to normal. Now I am doing the same thing on my 2nd Site. We will see

Ok, I did read your posts and you say things like this:

And this:

So you can see where I am getting my point from. Again, I have zero crashes on the projects I use Pluskit with. That is what I meant when I say it works. I can publish, I can export, it works the way it always has.

I am not trying to diminish your issues, but when you say stuff like

IT DOES NOT WORK

and

IS really PlusKit dead? Too bad…

On a public forum, you can make users believe it will not work for them. My point is that it does work, and that your issues could be related to something else.

2 Likes

Just an FYI, we’re monitoring this thread for issues. However if you do have a re-creatable problem please email support@realmacsoftware.com with the steps on how to reproduce the issue and we’ll do our best to get it fixed.

Please do make sure all your plugins and themes are up-to-date. This can sometimes be the cause of all your issues.

Hopefully next week we’ll launch RapidWeaver 7.1 (new build with even more fixes). We’ll then begin work on RapidWeaver 7.1.1 - We won’t stop until it’s perfect for you guys!

Cheers,
Dan

9 Likes

I have sent hundreds of reports. What for? I thought your staff was looking at them, but evidently they are too busy.
And, yes, this morning I remembered to wash my teeth.
But now, in 2 minutes or less, 2 crashes.
AND I AM SIMPLY TRYNG TO MODIFY MY SITE, THE SAME AS I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO FOR 1 WEEK OR SO, WITH HUNDREDS OF CRASHES and WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
HOPEFULLY “next week we’ll launch RapidWeaver 7.1”?
So why did you release a beta 1 month ago or so?
Please suite yourself with the pdf I am sending to your support. Subject. “Shame on you”…

1 Like

Hi @baburkhan

We’re taking a look at the crash report now, however above you mention that once you remove certain plugins the site then exports fine. This leads me to believe it’s a problem with a third party plugin and NOT RapidWeaver. It could also be a theme issue… have you tried selecting a different theme and seeing if the site exports without crashing?

If you could email support with your project file (along with the theme you’re using) and put the subject as “ATTN: Dan” I’ll take a look at the project that’s crashing. If we can re-create the problem here we have a much better chance of fixing it.

Many Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

@dan… Just a note to say I have multiples crashes per day also. All my plugins are up to date. I’ve removed possible OSX 3rd party background apps, re-installed RW and add-ons multiple times, etc, etc, I’d send crash reports but last time I did that I was told that crash reporter was hanging and Realmac was looking at that issue… My crashes have happened with multiple releases (beta’s) of 7 and also different releases of Stacks3. I can open a project, click a text element on a Stacks3 page and get crashes. I can hit the publish button and get crashes. It’s almost impossible to diagnose because it is so random. I’m not “slamming” anyone… the issue may be conflicts with other software, 3rd party, etc. All I am saying is that as an end user I too am still getting lot’s of crashes. I do love Rapidweaver and wish you all the best… I realize how hard it must be to make a stable app. I thank you for trying. I confess, I hesitate to really sit down and try to help solve on my end because I feel like my crash reports and sent project files are not even looked at. When I do that I am usually told to wait for next release or re-install RW again, or this … or that… or… whatever. In my case… I just wait and hope the next release is better…