šŸ‘šŸ» RapidWeaver 7.1 Release Candidate 1 is go!

One thing I know we see a lot of is if someone was using 3.0.0b4, they would not see an update to stacks. You can look in the in the RapidWeaver addons manager by holding command and pushing 7, then search the plugins for Stacks. If you need to, you can download Stacks here
http://yourhead.com/stacks
Just an ideaā€¦

Thanks for the idea but as statedā€¦ this has been happening consistently regardless of the version of RW 7 and Stacks3 and all other add-ons. Every release of 7 including betaā€™s and 2 or 3 releases of Stacks 3. I am currently using the latest versions of all, including betas. Thanks for the reply zeebeā€¦ appreciate all input.

I have had all sorts of issues with the previous beta to todayā€™s release, but only with my biggest site of 330+ pages. When it crashed, so did the crash reporter. The thing was, with the release of MacOS Sierra at the same time as the RW7.1 beta, I was not 100% sure what was causing the problems. Without being able to pin it down, I was left with the gut feeling that it was something to do with either Sierra, or some other software unrelated to RW7.1. Todayā€™s release seems to have solved the vast majority of the problems, but then again, I discovered the latest beta release after I had updated several other software packagesā€¦

All I can say with any certainty is that my machines are gradually getting more stable and I am feeling a bit more confident that it will be alright in the end.

Sadly, Iā€™m still having lots of issuesā€¦ The last 2-3 betas post-7.1RC1(the one linked by Dan in this thread) completely mangle my blog posts, the formatting is completely goneā€¦ Reverting to the original posted by Dan brings everything back to normalā€¦

And weā€™re also back into reposting every blog entry since the beginning of time every time a minor change is madeā€¦ One step forward, two steps backā€¦ I like RW a lot, and weā€™ve been using it for our corporate website for years, but lately itā€™s been more or less flaky across the boardā€¦

Please, all kind would-be-helpers, take note:

1. ALL my plugins are updated
  2. I am on Sierra and Retina (which could possibly be one of the problems)
  3. I am on the latest beta release of RW7
  4. My 2 sites are composed of 434 and 284 pages, using 7 to 10 Themes, and so on

So, please, @YourHead and Co., do not ask me to send THE page, with THE Theme and THE pluginā€¦

And, please, @RealMac, donā€™t you read the reports we send after every crash? I was compelled to send hundreds of them

That said, THIS is the situation today, when yesterday I became simply crazy trying to update and export locally my second (smaller) site.

1. I deleted all @imports (hundreds) and substituted them with Houdinis (all in all it took 2 days)
  2. I dumped the PlusKit page and plugin

**** Intermission: everything seemed to go smoothly except 1 page, where I simply could not add one internal link to one text stack. It went on crashing ***

1. Then I discovered that in said text stack a closing tag was missing. Repaired. Update went with the wind! Everything fixed? No
  2. When i tried to export to the usual local folder from where I ftp to my server, crash and crash and crash again
  3. Out of desperation, before committing suicide I created a new folder simply named ā€œNewā€ and local-exported there.

BINGO!

1. Now my Web Site seems to be up and updated and all. How long wil it last?

Touch wood, cross my fingers and I would even cross my ba**s
Amen :sweat::pensive::unamused::disappointed:

1 Like

Hey @baburkhan,

Iā€™m really sorry itā€™s not been smooth sailing for you, weā€™re doing everything we can to work out what your issues are. I can assure you the majority of people are running RapidWeaver just fine.

If we canā€™t reproduce the problem, or see what is causing the issue itā€™s almost impossible for us to fix. This is why we (and other developers) will ask for the project file.

Yup, we read all crash reports we receive. However, often the crash reports donā€™t tell us exactly what happened, it sometimes hints at what the problem might be. Itā€™s often not conclusive. So a crash report is only part of the picture. Again this is why we need the project file and theme.

When we are able to reproduce a problem on our machines we can find out exactly where the issue is and fix it.

Glad to hear youā€™re back up and running!

1 Like

@wvillers can you send over your project file? send it to: support@realmacsoftware.com and mark it ā€œATTN Danā€ and outline the problem.

Weā€™ll look into it today.

Yes. After more than one week of wasting work, time and money. And the problem was solved, if it si solved, BY ME! NO HELP whatsoever from you or YourHead (who received my project). How can I know what is happening? You see the reports, not me :rage:

1 Like

And when you send them your project, they answer(if they answer) that they do not have this theme, this plugin, this and that, so that they can not reproduce and blah blah blah :rage::rage::rage:

Hey Mario,

I totally understand your frustration, and I want to do everything I can to help.

I know it can be really frustrating when software doesnā€™t work as intended, and Iā€™m sorry youā€™ve had a less than smooth experience recently.

Weā€™re doing everything we can to fix your issue, and if we canā€™t re-create the issue with just your project file, it might down to the theme, plugin or stacks youā€™re using - thatā€™s why we ask for these things.

When you install third party plugins, themes and stacks, thatā€™s a lot of code all from many different developers - This is why it can sometimes be hard to locate the issue. This is also another reason why we need the full setup.

Without all these things itā€™s like asking a mechanic if he can fix your car but only giving him access to the boot :confused:

If you email support@realmacsoftware.com and set the subject to ā€œATTN: Danā€ I will do everything I possibly can to resolve any remaining issues that you may have. I canā€™t do more than that, can I?

Thanks,
Dan