RapidWeaver 7.3 - Tell us what you need!

Yes, this is huge. It was a takeaway that creates some initial frustrations when starting up RW. Please bring back the ability to save the previous state.

I would really welcome larger footer area edit box. Really, even Realmacā€™s websiteā€™s footer is tooling to fit in the box. This should not be too difficult to implement.
Another thing is RapidWeaver defaults. I would like all my projectā€™s pages to have index.php file extension instead of index.html. I know you claim html is better, but I often use php because it is required by CMS solutions. Also I always have breadcrumb enabled and the RW sitemap deselected but i Have to set it up for every project manually. Let us use the app as we would like to.

1 Like

Yes it can. But per project, after the 1st page is added. And the 1st one is always index.html. I meant a setting that would always make the 1st page index.php. Always - for all new projects. Forever.

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed that RW 7.2 does not prompt me to save changes when quitting the app after publishing. However the change are in fact saved when I re-open the project and check. If I quit without publishing, I get the prompt to save the changes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

I need stability.

I need a RapidWeaver that does not lose my stacks so that I have to re download them from the creator and hope that I can find the original receipt or have to buy them again.

I need a RapidWeaver that when I press the Cancel Publishing button, it immediately stops publishing. I need it not to give me the circle of death when I do this so I donā€™t have to ā€œForce Quitā€ the application to get back to a working state.

I need to not be a beta tester for a product when I am using a 7th generation of a product in a production environment.

Do those things and you will have fulfilled my needs as a user and purchaser of your product.

Be careful what you ask for.

4 Likes

@thang yes indeed I have experienced the same, the RW7 app crashed a few times (quit) so I havenā€™t got the time to save the changes that I have done but when re-open the changes where already savedā€¦ luckily yes but as @keithnteri mentioned thereā€™s still lotā€™s of instability, unpredictable behaviour at RW7.
So again what we need (RW 7.3)? -stability would be the main thing :neutral_face:

I also want rock solid stability & performance increases more than anything else. Too much time has been spent fighting fires and loosing new feature development time.

4 Likes

i have recently rediscovered some projects i made with RW v5

with the file extension .RWSW when i viewed these files in Finder i noticed that i could see a thumbnail icon of the projects Home Page, i would like to see that in future versions of RW v7

Tim

Hi, i would love for rapidweaver 7 to publish all the time from my fios connection at home. Since 7 i can only
publish from work. The settings are the same as was used on 6, with no problems, and the same as at work, with no problems, but no publishie at home. The only answer you guys ever give is my settings are wrong. again the same settings as 6, and the same settings at work, both of which work(ed).

If text color is handled manually, outside a theme setting - all hell can break loose.

I would like EDIT mode to work with background colors out-of-the-box & allow me to see content.
For example, yellow text on black background as a final page intent, goes missing in EDIT mode.
I would like to be able to see what I am doing in EDIT mode without fumbling, or copying to another application first.

This appears to be addressed in some themes,
or perhaps latest RW build by displaying the placed copy with a solid dropshadow.

However, a few text edits later to adjust copy - and now its black on black.

1 Like

Since Iā€™m going on hereā€¦ Gonna mention the manual. (Yes, not about 7.3 software features).
The manual is pretty good, albeit basic. The index as hotlinks would be swell.

Perhaps the beginning mention of install & reininstall of RW
could then be situated elsewhere in the manual, instead of right up front.

I think one really ought to expand the PhotoGallery half paragraph.

Photo Gallery ought to address, or at least brush up against optimal image sizes.
For example, the proportionality to get a good ā€œflipā€ or ā€œcube" animation. Embedding of subGalleries.

At the time of writing, (rev x), "this is true.ā€

It appears that using Stacks, you can 2x images for Retina Displays.
When you move the images into a RW blog, it works. If you move it into an Armadillo blog - its too large (unless I am doing something wrong). ā€œThings of this nay-chah,ā€ as Arnold might say.

Perhaps discussing the idea of CMS and some add-ons to RW would mitigate first-time frustration.

Please this would be a huge timesaver for me, got to have it!

It is a trifle, of course, but bring back colored icons in the menu, when you add a page to the project. From version to version you are constantly changing them, the color, the location.

One other thing (while weā€™re here). A global find that can locate a text string anywhere in a project. Pluskit can do this (which is the reason I bought it). Not wishing to take business away from Pluskit but itā€™s probably reasonable to suggest that it should be part of standard RW. Just a thought.

A global ā€œFind & Replaceā€? Maybe some future versionā€¦ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Still hoping for social media integration within the blog-page. Giving it love is no guarantee for a baby so keep focussed :wink:

1 Like

I would like to see a 7.3. with more stability as I experienced lots of troubles with RW 7.2. since upgrading to Sierra (and obviously also having to do with PlusKit issues).

Then my next wish is the possibility to have social media links for each blog entry (RW blog). The work of changing all my blog entries to Armadillo is keeping me off a switch away from the RW blog. On the forum there are lots of voices that would like to see the RW blog improved.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Franz

3 Likes

I would like to request more stability as well. Upgrading to version 7x+ from version 6 was filled with troubles and negative experiences.

1 Like

@SteveB Me too. Iā€™ve never had any problems with any version of RW. Of course, there are questions I have but normally the answer is right here on this forum.

3 Likes

What people need to remember is that there is more involved than just RW. Different developers, add-ons and stacks, fonts, computer set up, OS, etc can all cause problems. RW has been pretty stable for me as well. And when it wasnā€™t, I posted for help and usually will see helpful responses.

3 Likes

Performance and stability is must.
Would be nice to have modern Photo Album which was not changed for ages.
Lightbox, different type of navigation, thumbnail, full screen and so on is so much wanted and awaited for so long!!!

Best
Alex

1 Like