RapidWeaver 7.3 - Tell us what you need!

Automated Open Graph Tags.

<!-- OpenGraph  -->
  <meta content="Your Page Title Goes Here" property="go:title">
  <meta content="Your page description goes here, keep it short and to the point" property="go:description">
  <!-- ****** Guidelines for the images: 1200x630 pixels, less than 1MB. ****** -->
  <meta content="https://www.your-website-name.com/featured.jpg" property="go:image">
  <meta content="https://www.your-website-name.com//index.htm" property="og:url">
  <!-- Twitter  -->
  <meta content="summary_large_image" name="twitter:card">
  <meta content="@twitterusername" name="twitter:creator">

A form for the static stuff and per page variables for the rest. I was thinking assigning a logo and featured image to each page. A new RW featured image tag could be created and assigned to unique images for each page and assigned to the open graph tag. Obviously on the Styled Text page but also on the Blog Plug-in.

This would be my biggest request!

2 Likes

Subfolders in the Snippets pane.

Page Inspector and Source List occupying the same screen space and togglable via tabs.

Addon Manager: ability to enable/disable plugins

1 Like

Addon Manager: ability to resize icons

Health Check: more comprehensive.

1 Like

We need a much faster Blog plugin, for larger Blogs with Podcast !!

Spell check support in markdown.

3 Likes

I would like there to be a simple way of duplicating a site on the server for use with a different URL. I believe the only change that would need to be made to RW is the ability to easily change URL configured in the settings.

Perhaps this could be accomplished with an advanced option to store the value of the URL in a file single file and then use php on all pages to import the content.

1 Like

Any chance of having ā€œRevertā€ back in RW7.1

Now that you have Squash technology, being able to drop an image into the icon and favicon box and having it resized and converted automatically

5 Likes

Some of these might not be a RW7.3 option, might be related more to stacks.

1. Better performance when previewing. The upgrade to 7.2.x REALLY slowed down the preview.
  2. Site-wide ā€œFind and Replaceā€ for text (and possibly for code?)
  3. Multiple monitor supportā€¦ the ability to tear off windows and place them where you want, then save that workspace.
  4. Resolution options for previewing tablet sizes. In general, the stacks seem to consider typical tablet resolutions to be the same as desktop. So even though I would click the ā€œDefine Mobileā€, Define Tablet, and Define Desktop sizes, the desktop parameters affect the tablet preview.
  5. New Page Dialog. When creating a new page, it always defaults to a generic name and a generic folder. So the site back end becomes messy too easily. Seems like you could add a dialog that appears when creating a new page which asks us to name the page, define which folder to put the page in (based on a pop-up list of the folders, but also giving us a ā€œNew Folderā€ option), and other items such as metadata, Draft, Show in Navigation, etc. The ā€œShow in Navigationā€ option would be extremely helpful to turn off so you donā€™t automatically have to deal with every page being marked for sync.
  6. A more comprehensive set of tools in the ā€œHealth Checkā€.
  7. Another Preview request, again related to resolution. When choosing Mobile (or tablet) preview, the window gets narrow but stays longā€¦ so the resulting preview is useless in many regards. The window should resize to a height and width of a mobile device.
  8. TWO MORE Preview options. 1) The choice to have the preview window open as a second window instead of replacing the edit window. 2) An option to have the preview window auto-refresh (as it currently does) or wait until the refresh button is clicked. Sometimes I will switch to preview mode after having selected the stack Iā€™m working on, then I like to make changes to the stack (in the info window) and see how it looks directly in preview. But it is annoying that I can only type a few characters and suddenly the preview rendering takes over. Iā€™d love to be able to have the preview wait to refresh until I tell it to.
3 Likes

I am a relatively new user of RW (was using Freeway) and it has so far been good to work with but I have a major problem with v7.2.2 hanging!!

I have narrowed it down to offsite pages. Every time I create an offsite page, when I attempt to save, RW hangs and I have to force quit. I must say this is making it completely unusable for me now because I canā€™t get past it.

Furthermore it is now actually costing me money in delays to a client project and wasted time.

Please please please get this sorted!!

I might just be lucky, but Iā€™ve created many offsite pages in all versions of RW7, never had a problem. Not even once.

I hope you get it sorted.

Me too Neil, but after the latest update, they just wonā€™t work! It may of course be a problem with a particular stack but I donā€™t really know where to turn at the moment.

Thank you - I hope so too!

Update: As a test, I just created a brand new project and added a single page with no content or stacks, saved the project no problem, then added an offsite page and it is hanging on save!!

Really frustrating!!

This might help you. Thereā€™s also this which has a solution at the bottom of the thread.

If none of the suggestions work why not go back to 7.2.1? You can re download all previous versions.

Neil, you are a lifesaver!!

I was using the offsite page as a non-link parent item in the menu so there was no URL as such but when I put a ā€œ#ā€ in, it worked!!!

That behaviour has changed since the last version I think as I have never had to do that before. Thank you for finding that thread and solving my problem. :thumbsup:

Iā€™m glad you have a solution! But in the future it would be best to give a fuller description of the problem. I had no idea you were not using the offsite page as, well, as an offsite page! Knowing that would allow others to help you more quickly.