Just to add to cheering @yuzool up
We’re working and living in quite a niche world with RapidWeaver. Developers create wonderful work for ridiculous money and our expectation is that we’re treated by them like we would be expecting it from large corporations. Actually, check Apple’s support guidelines on when they stop their free support and start charging for it. And, what you buy from them is not for little money…
That said, all of the folks within the Stacks-community that I had (the pleasure) to deal with so far when I got stuck or had stupid questions (@1LittleDesigner, @Doobox, @joeworkman, Kuler, Loghound, @barz-stacks, @nimblehost, RapidIdeas, RapidWeaverCentral, Richardet, RWExtras, @RWtuts, StackManiac, @yabdab, @isaiah, to name by biggest heroes) , I’ve never been let down. They’ve all invested more in me than I could pay back by buying all of their work… (I’m almost there…). But they’ve made a terribly happy customer!
I had sent Michael a mail regarding his new wonderful plugin-concept as I had some questions. I had not heart back from him until he commented that his support system went belly up. I just resent the mail and had a nice remark back from him within 24 hours.
- The following would be my recommendation:
- Let’s all agree that getting rich with developing Stacks, themes and plugins in the RapidWeaver world is not too likely
- Enabling us users to enjoy a fantastic and unique Mac-Product beyond what it’s built for to do our websites is what drives that developers community.
- Paying little money for inspired work is the second big benefit for us users.
- Let’s simply adjust our expectations in regards to response times and eternal support and put it in a healthy relationship to what we had to cough up for the product!
- Let’s face it: Charging $4,95 for a stack and then spending 10 minutes on one of my stupid questions, eats all the profit. And if it is a REAL bug (not user incompetence), we should give those developers some time to evaluate and mitigate. When it comes to bugs, you might want to try posting one to Microsoft. And there stuff is REALLY expensive!
Sorry for the rant but things need to be put in perspective and I’ve go the flu on top of it…