RW7.1.4 crashing on publishing

(Bernard O'Sullivan) #1

Hi There

Is anyone else having problems exporting under RW7.1.4 it will export Ok, but freezes during publishing, I now have a client site down because of it.

Also I STI;; get a message about failing to locate? or upload plugins.

Any help is appreciated as it is a client’s set that is affected.

(Larry F.) #2

It just happened to me tonight with 7.1.4. Also with this version, if I don’t Save before I Preview, it crashes. Yesterday, it crashed EIGHT times before I figured out exactly when the crashes occurred.

(Martin Doppelbauer) #3

Here as well. Try to set the number of concurrent downloads to 1 (slowest).
This helped me.

(Larry F.) #4

I’m publishing to a local folder. It still repeatedly crashes.

(Jan Fuellemann) #5

Are you using Pluskit? This will crash. Disable/delete it.

(Humberto Hernandez) #6

Same thing happens to me… and I was only changing one digit in a bottom padding from 10 to 5px.

(Larry F.) #7

No PlusKit. It dependably crashes on publishing and it dependably crashes on exporting. The machine has the same configuration as it did with the previous version. The previous version didn’t have this problem. I now have two client’s sites down because of this issue.

I tried reinstalling stacks to see if that was the problem but 7.1.4 also crashed repeatedly while installing stacks. This is really irritating! Didn’t anybody test 7.1.4?

(Jan Fuellemann) #8

Hm. Please send the crash report to @dan they are looking for bugs to fix :slight_smile:

(Larry F.) #9

OK, I’ll admit to being clueless about sending a specific crash report. Each time, I’ve sent the crash report via the RW Problem Reporter that pops up and I’ve added a short blurb about what was happening when it crashed. Where is the detailed info about the crash stored on my computer?

(Jan Fuellemann) #10

The log files are added to the report, as well as a system report, and all of it is send together via the crash reporter.

(Andrew Vernon) #11

My version 7.1.4 is not freezing when I try to publish but it does produce a pop-up window:

Exception while exporting site:

*** -[NSURL initFileURLWithPath:]: nil string parameter

Seems exporting halts and of course the site is not published.

I can click on “OK” and then continue editing the project.

(Bernard O'Sullivan) #12

How about the issue of plugins not loading message, had any of those?

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #13

If you have a plugin not loading, it could be because the plugin is not the latest version. What plugins are you seeing this happen with.

(Christi Carew) #14

@ajvcali

Hi,

Can you send a copy of your file to us at YourHead? We are looking into this but do not have a file that shows the exception.

Christi Carew
YourHead Software
http://www.yourhead.com

(Andrew Vernon) #15

Hi Christi,

Isaiah already responded and determined the issue was with RW, not Stacks (this is on a thread in the RapidWeaver forms:

RW 7.1.5 does not fix export bug https://forums.realmacsoftware.com/t/rw-7-1-5-does-not-fix-export-bug/10404/11

Thanks,

Andrew.